Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

North Carolina forms

acownut
Level 2

Now it is going to be 3/1/2022 before North Carolina forms are available?

8 Comments 8
Lucy101
Level 1

I think someone is not telling the truth about NC individual release. When I call they tell me NC has not released it but other software companies have had for weeks. I am thinking about asking for a refund. I have had returns in office a month and still waiting.

AMehdi
Level 2

Almost end of Feb and the NC forms are still not ready to be released? How are we suppose to tell our client to keep waiting when they are expecting refunds? Does intuit realize how bad this makes us look in front of our clients? Other professionals who use other software including Intuit's other products are able to deliver NC returns

acownut
Level 2

I understand that NCDOR will not begin processing returns until 2/28; however, the fact that Lacerte still has not made NC forms available to us prevents us from delivering completed returns to our clients. This is unsatisfactory. I look at the NCDOR website and see the Dept has already approved Lacerte individual forms, so Intuit should make them available to us ASAP. The "business" forms are showing as pending on the NCDOR site. 

laccpa
Level 3

The NC forms issue is causing me to really question how strong this software is in the industry and what their commitment is to tax preparers.  I agree the NCDOR website has indicated for quite a while that NC forms had been approved for Lacerte.  However, the software company seemed to be waiting for NC to open rather than making draft forms available to us so we could at least work up NC returns.

I called Lacerte a week ago Friday asking them to defer my "deferred" payment due today.  I recognize that Lacerte is not responsible for the late changes made by the NC legislature, however, without draft forms, every return I had started was half done.  I can deliver nothing so i can bill nothing.  It bothers me because I feel like Lacerte is dragging their feet on this at our expense.  They don't control NC but we are their customers and I feel like they could care less about how this effects the livelihood of NC preparers.  They could do something on their end to help us get better prepared to deliver returns more quickly when "final" forms become available.

NCDOR made a point of saying that if they were not open for efile, then we could still efile if vendor forms had been approved.  The NC forms would queue up for processing once the state opened.  My peers use other products and all of their clients are queued up with NC before mine and my peers are billing.  I think this is a dark stain on Lacerte's customer service and it would be nice if someone there addressed it.  They also refused to defer the deferred payment.  Nice!

I see alot of issues going on in the software and I recognize there are last mintute federal forms to code and NC seems like a small issue.  During the pandemic, it felt like the whole country was in it together.  This NC situation is nothing to Lacerte but Ultratax has forms.  I bet CCH and Drake had NC forms in draft much earlier than last Friday.  It seems that NC is not a small issue to other software developers.

I'm anxious and extremely disappointed in the software company that I returned to after using a competitor. The marketing implies that customers are important.  

AMehdi
Level 2

I just installed the latest updates from Lacerte at 3.51PM on 03/01/2022.

Forms are available but with a watermark "DO NOT FILE" Now the new date is 03/03/2022. Do you guys realize you are hurting our businesses? How in the world you expect us to keep delaying filing the returns for clients who are expecting sizable refunds? 

0 Cheers
laccpa
Level 3

I noticed the date change to March 3 last night and while grateful to see the date moving in the right direction, NC Scorp forms were pushed out to March 8? 

Admittedly, this is my lowest priority but still no C Corp forms.  

Meanwhile, no changes to the deferred payment date for tax software for NC preparers who cannot bill but have expenses to pay.

0 Cheers

march 2, 2022  Watermarks are still on forms.

I am in "go time".  Not, wait on Lacerte time.

When are we going to see final forms?

0 Cheers
AMehdi
Level 2

I Installed the latest updates today and got the message for CD-401S Form "Final form without watermark is expected to be released March 15, 2022"

Is Intuit really joking around this year? Do they not know federal tax deadline for S Corps is March 15th. So are we suppose to just file federal returns only or file extensions? Am i suppose to bill my clients for only federal returns? How am i suppose to pay intuit bill when i cant bill my clients? 

0 Cheers