Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nominee Distributions

dvinegrad
Level 3

I see in screen 12 for dividends i can reduce dividend amount by entering figures in the nominee box. Question. For capital gain on screen 17.1 is there a nominee box where i can make a similar reduction like i do on the dividend screen?

Thanks

Dave 

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

No checkbox. Following instructions for Form 8949 https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8949

You received a Form 1099-B or 1099-S (or substitute statement) as a nominee for the actual owner of the property N Report the transaction on Form 8949 as you would if you were the actual owner, but also enter any resulting gain as a negative adjustment (in parentheses) in column (g) or any resulting loss as a positive adjustment in column (g). As a result of this adjustment, the amount in column (h) should be zero. However, if you received capital gain distributions as a nominee, report them instead, as described under Capital Gain Distributions in the Instructions for Schedule D (Form 1040).

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers