Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Sec. 754 depreciation adjustment on Form 502 prevents e-filing. Is there a method to override the diagnostic for Form 502?

mculton
Level 1

I have received a diagnostic warning re: VA Form 502 that total deductions cannot be negative for e-file purposes(ref # 37288). The negative number on Form 502 is a Sec. 754 depreciation adjustment that originates from the depreciation schedule and appears on Schedule K Line 13d of Form 1065. How can I override/correct the diagnostic for Form 502 to allow for e-file

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

A bit of guessing makes me believe this is for MD. Is it possible that  you are entering a subtraction as a negative number? Subtractions should be entered as a positive. Additions should be entered as a positive. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

A bit of guessing makes me believe this is for MD. Is it possible that  you are entering a subtraction as a negative number? Subtractions should be entered as a positive. Additions should be entered as a positive. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TaxMonkey
Level 8

Sorry about the "No" vote George, guess who is on my never to reply to list?

0 Cheers