Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help w/ CA Adjustments on K1 -

J-B00M3R
Level 2

Hello Community, this is my first time seeking advice.  This is my first time entering a clients K1 and I want to make sure I'm entering the amounts correctly and accurately.  I'm inputting page one of their K1 (sections Part 1-3) and it's straight forward. 

My first question is for the California Schedule (100S), do I enter the amount in column (c) California Adjustment in the "State if different" box on Lacerte or do I enter column (d) Total Amounts using CA law?

Second, there are pages that say Statement 1-4 Form 100S lines 12a - 13d that have California amounts/California Sources.  Do these need to be inputted on Lacerte in the "State if different" boxes as well?

Any information will greatly be appreciated.  I've been searching for hours online to see how to input these figures and I've found nothing that would help guide me in the right direction so any insight or guidance would be really great.  TY!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

@J-B00M3R wrote:

Hello Community, this is my first time seeking advice.  This is my first time entering a clients K1 and I want to make sure I'm entering the amounts correctly and accurately.  I'm inputting page one of their K1 (sections Part 1-3) and it's straight forward. 

My first question is for the California Schedule (100S), do I enter the amount in column (c) California Adjustment in the "State if different" box on Lacerte or do I enter column (d) Total Amounts using CA law? USE d 

Second, there are pages that say Statement 1-4 Form 100S lines 12a - 13d that have California amounts/California Sources.  Do these need to be inputted on Lacerte in the "State if different" boxes as well? YES

Any information will greatly be appreciated.  I've been searching for hours online to see how to input these figures and I've found nothing that would help guide me in the right direction so any insight or guidance would be really great.  TY!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

@J-B00M3R wrote:

My first question is for the California Schedule (100S), do I enter the amount in column (c) California Adjustment in the "State if different" box on Lacerte or do I enter column (d) Total Amounts using CA law? USE d 

Second, there are pages that say Statement 1-4 Form 100S lines 12a - 13d that have California amounts/California Sources.  Do these need to be inputted on Lacerte in the "State if different" boxes as well? YES

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
J-B00M3R
Level 2

Thanks George!  Really appreciate the insight.  

0 Cheers