Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mn unemployment add back

kroghtax
Level 1

Mn is not calculating correctly when applying the rescue plan act with unemployment for those who are also collecting social security. to double check this, I didn't apply act and just let Mn tax unemployment, client owed around 400.00 after checking the box for rescue act, when adding back to mn the client owed almost 800.00 I'm only finding this with clients who collected Social security.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I agree, it is the same with ProSeries.

For the M1NC-Line 31 -Social Security worksheet, it is pulling income from Intuit's 'new' Federal Social Security worksheet (which has exempted Social Security added back), rather than the Federal Social Security worksheet as presented in the 1040 Instructions (which does NOT yet factor in the exclusion, and the current M1NC is set up to use the 'old' worksheet in the Instructions).

Effectively, for calculating MN Social Security, the program is double-adding the unemployment exclusion.

In ProSeries, you can change Line 1 of the Line 31-Social Security worksheet to the correct number.

0 Cheers