Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May due date for California flood victims

fs94621
Level 1

Will the due date update in Lacerte to May 15, 2023 for California flood victims?  Will there be indication on the return for this taxpayers?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
CPACathy
Level 2

You will need to enter the May 15 date in the letter input.  If you want to change the April 18 due date for the first estimate, then you will have to do a custom letter.

I have tried to find out about e-pay dates, but I don't feel comfortable about the answer.

You won't be able to e-file extensions after April 18, so if you're used to e-filing & e-paying extensions you will have to prepare paper extensions and mail them and then go to the IRS website and e-pay there (much more time-consuming); or pay a month early.

I am hoping that a Lacerte Admin will hop on here and tell me I'm wrong.

0 Cheers
fs94621
Level 1

Thanks, I hope there's a more definitive answer also.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

My Drake contact mentioned something similar today.  So I think we're back to the "old" disaster procedures where efile is mostly useless.

George Graziano
Level 1

Did anybody get an answer for this?  Or are we just on our own regarding how we do this?  The fact that nobody from Lacerte chimed in on this question says a lot, I guess.  That's pretty sad.   

abctax55
Level 15

Check out this thread on the issue:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/may-15-due-date-change-for-storm-d...

But the simple answer is we are on our own.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
CPACathy
Level 2

Agreed, I'm just bummed that I won't be able to e-pay with e-filed extensions after April 18.

0 Cheers