Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MA Fiduciary Form 2 release date

rhthompso
Level 1

When will MA Form 2 be available in LaCerte?  Does anyone else have it?  I've called and I'm up to date but still unavailable.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

FYI - We are just other users and don't get any advance notice about form release. Updates are generally on Thursday. The official data is at https://accountants.intuit.com/supported-tax-forms/?forms=lc use it and you know as much as any other user here. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
DCUS7
Level 2

I've called multiple times about this issue as a majority of my practice is MA Fiduciary returns.  First I was told it was an "MDOR" issue and they told me to contact them.  So I did and MDOR told me the forms were released in December 2023.  I called Lacerte again and was told Lacerte is having "issues" with the calculations so it is definitely a Lacerte programming issue.  They will not provide any information about when the forms will be ready....so we wait.  Other programs are already up and running with MA fiduciary returns so that also confirms this is a Lacerte issue.  

rhthompso
Level 1

Thanks Dana,  

Switching is awful but this is ridiculous.  It's never been this long.

0 Cheers
DCUS7
Level 2

I agree....it is so difficult to switch.  We have an incredibly short window to get all of this done and now it is even shorter.  I can't effectively do my job if the tax vendor will not provide the program and they have had plenty of time to work on the new form.  They aren't giving me much choice...never had an issue like this with CCH after using it for 17 years.   I haven't been happy with the MA fiduciary program anyway - basically have to manually input the return for anything outside of a Simple Trust so on the positive side maybe I just needed this push to move on!

0 Cheers