Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte is not responding

Ann2
Level 3

Now you know that Lacerte knows it is having trouble. Do you think they could send out a message and give us some information. No, it's a big secret!  Thanks Lacerte. 

23 Comments 23
kiatd123
Level 3

Lacerte will not work.  All data entered gets erased!!  The program keeps freezing. HELP!!

sjrcpa
Level 15

I can't help with that, but when you do get back in:

First thing go to Options and set up AutoSave. Choose the most frequent interval there is.

And if you're paranoid, **bleep**, and/or frustrated, hit Save often.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
kiatd123
Level 3

Yes I do have it to the most frequent.  This is because Lacerte is not working.  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Communication is definitely not one of their strong points.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

The bleep was a word of 4 letters but not a curse word.

It's spelled like banal, without the b.

Ex-AllStar
michele
Level 7

Pulling my hair out. 50 drop offs so far today and program has been freezing up for at least

4hrs now.  tried calling Lacerte put their message was they were having problems with their phone lines expect a wait.  so did not get thru.

perleann
Level 1

Mine is erasing everything too, that I put in, or says can't verify credentials.  Not good timing to go down.  Also real networks not working either.

0 Cheers
lori1
Level 3

Same.  Works for a bit, then stops, wait a few minutes usually starts working again. 

bmarquez
Level 1

Has anyone tried it in stand alone? Is it just as bad?

0 Cheers
Ann2
Level 3

It's not a "lag" it's a complete disruption. 

larrygrussell1
Level 3

This worked for me:

Lacerte Tool Hub / Install / WebSetup /force / Select Tax Year 2021 / run Websetup.

Hope that helps you!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Thanks for your patience! We're aware and working on a fix for this. 
Efile latency in Lacerte (3/21/2022)

Subscribe to News and Updates to get notified for posts like this: How to: Subscribe and Bookmark

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

@IntuitGabi It is not just efile latency, completing prep file updates and downloads as well as remote entry processing (REP). .

It is the entire program, no matter what users are trying to do - including basic data entry.

Ex-AllStar
AndresVTB
Level 4

@sjrcpa The fault, dear @sjrcpa , is not in Lacerte / But in ourselves, that we are running old computers/ your antivirus is blah blah/have you rebooted your server?” Lacerte Excuses, Act I, Scene III

sjrcpa
Level 15

It's also Microsoft's fault.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
AndresVTB
Level 4

Of course.

abctax55
Level 15

I just got the update installed on TWO computers - via WebSetUp thru ToolHub.  FWIW.   Sent the help home early.  Need a cocktail...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
CarolJ56
Level 1

Yes just as bad.  We need this fixed asap!!!

IntuitGabi

@sjrcpa Yes. It's all intertwined. Thank you for the clarification, we're working on a fix for it all. 

Avallin
Level 1

I am booked back to back with clients and this keeps crashing... I am finding it harder and harder to justify the price of your software.

IntuitGabi

E-file and REP latency issues have been resolved and we are continuing to monitor closely. 

0 Cheers
UMDJeremy
Level 3

Everything is still a mess and has been so for all our network users since Monday. Same issues blue spinning circle, slowness with forms and switching/loading, random errors causing the program to shut down.

Everything was working incredibly well through 3/19 this year and then this! Ugh.

rcooley25
Level 11

Three joints higher than your foot

0 Cheers