Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is any one having the issue with Lacerte not responding?

Dee1
Level 2

58 Comments 58
kiatd123
Level 3

Yes!   Seems every one is having the same issue.  

michele
Level 7

Be nice to know I have seven employees  all locked up  ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele

RONS63
Level 1

Yes,  our IT person says it is a Lacerte application problem.  Our system is working perfectly, yet we get frequent lags in our program when we are preparing tax return.

spernaa
Level 2

Yes, we have been having the same issue. 

darkstar
Level 1

Yes. applied updates and have rebooted my machine.  Still getting the Not Responding state frequently. Not sure what triggers it. 

DCGB
Level 2

Having the same issue.

tried everything. 

Drphibes
Level 7

Yup,

We have Win 8 and Win 10 machines, same issue.  We have shifted our work to getting returns prepared for data entry until resolved.  Russians?

TaxMom12
Level 3

I phoned support and was told this was a software issue they are working to resolve.  

Kgunther
Level 1

What I am doing:

Took Lacerte Offline. 

It's a hassle because all our docs are online.  So I download docs onto local drive.  Then go unplugged from internet entirely.  Log in "offline status" and I get some error messages but at least I can work.

0 Cheers
gwen4114
Level 3

Yes; this is driving me nuts as I watch my stack grow and grow.  I don't need this considering what we pay for Lacerte!

KristineM
Level 3

All...  Day... Long...

0 Cheers
KristineM
Level 3

It is soooo bad!

larrygrussell1
Level 3

This worked for me:

Lacerte Tool Hub / Install / WebSetup /force / Select Tax Year 2021 / run Websetup.

Hope that helps you!

CLyon
Level 2

Yes, me too.  Almost all day.  Have rebooted many times, even our server.

Sounds like they are working on it from the comments.  Thank goodness!!

IntuitGabi

Thanks for your patience! We're aware and working on a fix for this. 
Efile latency in Lacerte (3/21/2022)

Subscribe to News and Updates to get notified for posts like this: How to: Subscribe and Bookmark

CLyon
Level 2

I don't know about everyone else, but my not responding issue is not when I am efiling.

Just general program data entry and calculating forms.  

I hope this is also being worked on!

0 Cheers
michele
Level 7

mine is the same not an efile issue. 

Michele

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

But that's all Intuit is copping to today.

Ex-AllStar
CLyon
Level 2

Did you call about the efile latency issue or the "not responding" issue?  They seem to be two different problems, but maybe related.

I have not even tried to efile today, just have the not responding constantly during regular program use.

0 Cheers
TaxMom12
Level 3

I phoned about the software not responding. I haven’t even efiled today. I acknowledged their recording (while on hold) that said they were working on the efile problem but I made it clear that was not my problem and she advised they were aware of a bigger software issue and said they were working on it. 

PISSEDATLACRT
Level 1

What the hell just happened with the last download?  Nothing wants to work, just get to watch blue circle spinning!!!!!!!!!!

Paul1313
Level 1

Yes, been happening since early this morning.  Every 5 minutes or so, Lacerte freezes for about 30 seconds to a minute (happens in Lacerte 2020 as well).  It's unworkable from a data entry standpoint.  I'm surprised we haven't seen more complaints on this support site.  

CLyon
Level 2

I agree, should be everyone really.  

Maybe everyone is too sleepy to notice. 😂

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Downloading or updating prep files and remote entry processing (REP) is affected as well. Thanks for the additional information. We'll keep you in the loop as we get more info.

0 Cheers
CLyon
Level 2

None of those things are what we are complaining about.  We are all experiencing the "not responding" issue when we are simply using the program during data entry, moving from screen to screen, calculating forms.

Is anyone actually working on what is wrong with the program function??

Efiling, REP etc is irrelevant if you can even enter data and finish a return.

DJA
Level 1

Yes, all day long!  Software is on stand alone desk towers but client data is on server.  What is going on with Lacerte???  I hope they are reading these posts.  This is unacceptable!  

KristineM
Level 3

I am surprised too!  A whole day.... Wasted... 

David10
Level 3

Garbage ! 

spernaa
Level 2

HELLLOOOO LACERTE?!?! Anyone working there to get this resolved? Been an all-day issue. NOT ACCEPTABLE! At the VERY least, we need an update of why this is happening and what  you are doing to get it corrected.

michele
Level 7

You think I can send them a bill for my staff. We got very little accomplished other than get all the drop offs logged in and scanned into our electronic storage. Such a waste of time we don't have. at least have the courtesy to send a notice across the computer instead of having our  it searching for problems that don't exist on our side.

michele
Level 7

My thought exactly. I hate to tell clients at 8am they drove an hour  and we can't get the computers going

Taxlady16
Level 1

For hours I was on the phone with support because I can't get my K-1's to agree with the K-3's. I am sure there are rounding amounts somewhere.  Looking for an override. 

The whole time they were trying to help me I kept getting the Not responding error. It slowed everything down.  Couldn't get anything done.  They are aware. 

And no, they didn't get my original problem solved either. Not a fun day. 

0 Cheers
David10
Level 3

Folks - I'm ready to file for divorce from Lacerte. This might be the final nail in the coffin that drove me to Ultratax. 

tkettlercpa
Level 3

I've reinstalled 4 times today. Still crashing

0 Cheers
michele
Level 7

Yep. I dread a conversion but this season has been absolutely horrible. I keep getting emails to set up an appointment after april 18 they stated they have been getting a lot of traction (their words) from  Lacerte users

0 Cheers
David10
Level 3

This worked, but it was time consuming. Thanks for the help though, at least I salvaged part of the day/night to get some work done. 

0 Cheers
David10
Level 3

What does that mean - "a lot of traction" ? Like complaints ? 

0 Cheers
KristineM
Level 3

We switched from Ultratax.  I would do a lot of research before I made that switch.  It's a pretty cumbersome program.  

Strange that they gave no update on the status when they know that many were waiting on this issue.

0 Cheers
dac37138
Level 1

Our biggest problem is latency in the individual module when inputting interest income.  Received an update this morning and it did not correct this problem.  When will this be resolved?

0 Cheers
Drphibes
Level 7

So all good today without an update.  Had to have been their validation system at their end which must have the program checking in every so often to make sure your using a valid program. 

KristineM
Level 3

I think you may have spoken too soon. 😞  Everything was going smoothly.  I went to request e-signatures and it is....... not responding.  

0 Cheers
Drphibes
Level 7

Hmm,

Not all fixed yet I guess.  We have had no issues in the last 3 hrs for data entering and such.  Not doing e-signatures so can't vouch for that.  Good luck!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

E-file and REP latency issues have been resolved and we are continuing to monitor closely.

If there are performance hiccups, please start a new thread with details of your experience. 

0 Cheers
CLyon
Level 2

What would be the point of starting a new thread when no one is actually paying attention to this one?

mpasseck
Level 3

as mentioned in this thread it is crashing in every area of the program.  I have downloaded the tool hub only to not be able to run the .exe file I have tried your force web install fix and that didn't work so why don't you post some relevant solutions and updates for us so that we don't have to waste all of our day on the phone

Msname
Level 1

I can't even get the program to show on the screen.  The "21" icon shows below, but the program won't open.  2020 and 2019 work fine.  I have reinstalled the program and rebooted several times and basically am just sitting here looking at piles of tax returns around me that I can't work on.  Anyone else still having problems today? Or had this problem?

0 Cheers
Msname
Level 1

I've been wanting to find a new program I can afford again.  I do about 100 returns but am working towards retiring.  I'd love to keep some of my 40+  year clients, but cannot work just to pay for the program.  Will take a look at this program myself!

0 Cheers
Msname
Level 1

I still can't even get the program Open!  Sign in screen comes up, responds with the infamous blue ball, then get an icon on the bar below, but the program won't open.  Wondering if I should call and am having a completely different problem.  2020 opens fine.  2021, sign on opens.  Then no program................Frustrating!!!

0 Cheers
spernaa
Level 2
0 Cheers