Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte EFile problem

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@IntuitEric @IntuitZach 

On April 1 at around 5 pm Pacific time I called Lacerte support and the recording said Lacerte was aware of some EFile problem, something to do with EFile summary file, which froze the Lacerte program.  I ended up spending 40 minutes for efiling 2 extensions.

Has the problem been fixed?

@IRonMaN you may resume clapping.  

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
17 Comments 17
IRonMaN
Level 15

Did those extensions include returns with an 8915F?

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

No.  I filed all my returns with the F form back in February.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sorry I keep forgetting that it was just ProSeries that was late to the party with that form 

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

No worries.  It's still legit to find out if those forms drag the EFiling down.  Still a good question.

Hello @IntuitJim  and @IntuitZach  what did you find out? 

(Oh, @IRonMaN , which other @intuitdude should I ask?  I think one of them frequents here.  I don't remember her name now.)

You know you're getting old when two things happen to you: 

Number 1.  You forget things.

Number 2......  Ummm, I don't remember now.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

This was part of Gabi's post about moderators back in early February:

Continue to tag me, @IntuitGabiU, for topics you believe need extra eyes & please welcome @IntuitBrittneyS and @IntuitZacharyG to the party by adding them to the conversation if needed.  

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Thanks for the push, @IRonMaN .  I hope one of the intuitdudes and dudettes will find out and respond

IRonMaN
Level 15

You can always hope --------- Intuit can't take that away from you.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

I saw that your man Zach posted to another question earlier.  So I guess that means one of at least 6 things-

1.  He doesn't deal with Lacerte at all.

2.  He only cherry picks easy questions on Saturdays

3.  His phone doesn't ring on weekends when he is paged

4.  He doesn't like being seen in public with you.

5.  He doesn't like being seen in public with me.

6.  He doesn't like being seen with both of us.

Slava Ukraini!

Good afternoon. We're trying to get more info on this and as soon as we do I will follow up directly on this thread. We appreciate your patience. 

0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

thank you @IntuitZacharyG  Please keep us posted.  I have a bunch of extensions to efile.

@IRonMaN  just bit his tongue.  When you update us, I'll also post some tongue biting medicine for him.

0 Cheers

Thanks for hanging in there with us!  

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"IRonMaN  just bit his tongue"

No I didn't, but you are welcome for me not letting this post get buried and forgotten.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Thank you @IRonMaN  !!  

There are millions of Lacerte beneficiaries (Lacerte users and taxpayers whose preparers are Lacerte users).  If each gives you just $1, you'll instantly become a millionaire!!  (Not that I know if you are or not already one.)  Go to sleep tonight with that thought!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm about a million short of being a millionaire ------------ so I'm close.  As a side note, coyotes have no use for money.  Roadrunners?  That's another story.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I know a sure way to become a millionaire.

Start as a billionaire.  

I almost gave the advice to Jack Ma, but he beat me to it.

IntuitGabi

@joshuabarksatlcs Have you experienced a latency issue today or yesterday? Currently everything is running smoothly on our end. 

0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Thank you for following up.

I e-filed several returns and extensions over the weekend and today.  No problem.

10 minutes ago, I e-filed the CA 2022 540ES E-payments for the first time after encountering the problem last week.  My screen is now frozen. 

I'm going to get some lunch now and come back to report if it was latency or a computer brain freeze.