Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the tax almanac another dead help link?

klhh
Level 3

Every time I click on tax almanac within Lacerte, I get nothing on my screen. It is another dead help link? Does this resource no longer exist?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

I gave you a way to search it.  Intuit isn't going to reinstate it.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

21 Comments 21
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I found a dead link to tax almanac in the ProSeries help screens as well.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Tax Almanac was really good but it's long gone and all the links are dead.  Are you using some very ancient version of Lacerte to prepare or amend prior year returns?  AFAIK, Lacerte no longer has any links to Tax Almanac.  But if you are referring to the many dead links in the Community, Intuit is aware but updating contents is just not a priority of the Contents team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

I found a dead link to tax almanac in the ProSeries help screens as well.

Wow, unbelievable!  Is there a bounty for finding these dead links?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
klhh
Level 3

No. I started using Lacerte this year. This is what pops up on the help center area for Lacerte.

Online Help takes you to the Lacerte Web site, where you can find the most up-to-date support information, check on forms status, get release information, and much more.

You can also...

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@klhhIC.  I just clicked on the Home Page of the Help Center and see that Research TaxAlmanac is still listed under Get Help Online.

Broken links are a real problem.  In case you need any help, you may like to pose them to this Community as you normally get a response relatively quick.

@IntuitAustinCould you please work with the developers to remove the Help Center link to TaxAlmanac, which is no longer a functioning website?  As you might be aware, the site is still indexed but none of the links work any longer.  Thanks!

Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

For reasons that I still do NOT comprehend, Intuit shut Tax Alamanac down five (?) years ago.

The information is still there; you CAN still get to it by adding site:taxalmanac (I think that does it) to the end of your search term.  MOST threads are cached, and accessible.  The info there is still some of the best I've found.

edit... and some of the funniest.  IF you can get there, find the "stale dated checks, dead kittens, etc thread".  Who said *we (tax preparers, CPA's, etc)* don't have a sense of humor?  It rivals the "troll party" thread on this forum.

( Generic Comment )"
klhh
Level 3

Thank you! I will try it.

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Thanks for calling this out. I will ask the product team to remove any non applicable or dead links from the program. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
klhh
Level 3

It would be nice if you would reinstate the tax almanac or give us a way to reach its content. From what I heard that was a great resource.

abctax55
Level 15

I gave you a way to search it.  Intuit isn't going to reinstate it.

( Generic Comment )"
Level 1

Tax Almanac was really good but it's long gone and all the links are dead.  Are you using some very ancient version of Lacerte to prepare or amend prior year returns?  AFAIK, Lacerte no longer has any links to Tax Almanac and glance.intuit.com.  But if you are referring to the many dead links in the Community, Intuit is aware but updating contents is just not a priority. Resolve your query by simply visiting single page and you will get all the links that you want. 

0 Cheers
klhh
Level 3

I am not using an ancient version. The dead links are still in the program or in the help section.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yeah. Updating links is nowhere on Intuit's radar.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

The deadlinks have been reported. 
This isn't a high priority at the moment but your comments have been passed along, thanks all! 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

"The deadlinks have been reported. "

To whom?

We've been "reporting" the Tax Almanac thing for years. We figured out  that fixing dead links is not a priority a long time ago, but this one should not be listed on the Lacerte in software help screen.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

....at the moment  - that implies it will (might?) be addressed.  

Tax Almanac has been gone for YEARS, yet it is still shown as a resource.  That is just sloppy.

( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Personally, I think it is great that the program has dead links to TaxAlmanac.   It is a great reminder of how absolutely horrible of a company that Intuit is.  The fact that Intuit killed TaxAlmanac is solid proof that they don't give a 💩 about their customers, and every dead link is a great reminder of that.

abctax55
Level 15

👏 👍

I STILL go back to TA (via google) for some topics - the depth of knowledge of some of the posters there is/was amazing.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

"the depth of knowledge of some of the posters there is/was amazing"

So are you saying this is more of the kiddy pool ------------------- shallow so nobody drowns? 😜

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

We are much nicer. I was scared to ask a question there. They'd jump down your throat for being an idiot.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

@IRonMaN - well, sorta.   DIYers were not allowed (in general) and if one snuck thru they were pounded.  The truly 'smart, knowledgeable' posters could spout the Code on demand, but were usually happy to help those of us that weren't/aren't Code heads.   

And if you didn't bother to search first (the search function was very useable) you got blasted with 

"  USE THE YELLOW BOX !!

@sjrcpa - my first question there wasn't one of my 'best' but I wasn't yelled at; I was relatively gently admonished with "did ya try the yellow box" & then was given direction on finding my answer with the pro's/con's of the various options pointed out.  There were some great teachers/mentors over there.  I am still in contact with some of them; unfortunately several are now using the great calculator in the sky.  

And the one of the most infamous threads there (similar to our Troll party) had to do with Stale-Dated Checks, Girl Scout Cookies, etc - it went on & on & on with a lot of silliness.   

( Generic Comment )"