Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intuit subscription

Banks
Level 2

Why do i keep getting automated calls from intuit telling my card information is not current and my account will be cut off. 

My camps page shows everything current and the monthly charges are being charged to my credit card every month. Yet I still keep getting the stupid robo call.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

"It's not spam. It comes from the intuit toll free number."

Or...

It is pretending to come from that number, as the System ID is something the Scammer robocall software is able to do. I get calls that ID locally, and even from myself; that's right, my own landline number appears to be calling my landline.

I use this service:

https://www.nomorobo.com/lookup/877-683-3280

"Robocaller Warning!

(877) 683-3280 is a Robocaller
Do not answer."

This technology is called Spoofing. The number ID is not real.

"Combating Spoofed Robocalls with Caller ID Authentication

How Will Caller ID Authentication Help Consumers?

Caller ID authentication technology enables subscribers to trust that callers are who they say they are, reducing the effectiveness of fraudulently spoofed calls. This technology is critical to protecting Americans from scams using spoofed robocalls because it erodes the ability of callers to illegally spoof a caller ID, which scammers use to trick Americans into answering their phones when they shouldn't. Caller ID authentication technology also allows consumers and law enforcement alike to more readily identify the source of illegal robocalls and reduce their frequency and impact. The STIR/SHAKEN framework, an industry-standard caller ID authentication technology, is a set of technical standards and protocols that allow for the authentication and verification of caller ID information for calls carried over Internet Protocol (IP) networks. As implementation continues to progress, it will give Americans more confidence that the caller ID information they receive is accurate and will allow voice service providers to provide helpful information to their consumers about which calls to answer."

https://www.fcc.gov/call-authentication

"My account is through lacerte hosted not intuit sales."

Exactly the point. You ignored the message and went to your known, safe, sign in source for confirmation.

Just like, if you ever have a message that your credit card has been used for fraud, you don't call back that number for that message. You call the number on the back of your credit card. They can confirm if there is fraudulent or suspicious activity; or, they tell you there is nothing on their system and that reveals the message itself was an attempt to defraud you out of the credit card info: "Oh, please, is that card in your possession? To prove it, please read me the security digits."

Ha ha ha. Play safely in the real world; it's hard to do, nowadays.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
qbteachmt
Level 15

You likely are getting Spam (scam phishing). They want you to overreact and contact their number, which would be a way to get you to "confirm your card" with the spammers. I get calls like this for services I don't even subscribe to, which is how I know they are spam. You might want to use a Robocall killer app, because these phone numbers are in their system. A lot of them ring in now as "Spam Risk" for my landline.

Banks
Level 2

It's not spam. It comes from the intuit toll free number.

1 (877) 683 3280 this is the number calling me which is intuit's sales number. My account is through lacerte hosted not intuit sales.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"It's not spam. It comes from the intuit toll free number."

Or...

It is pretending to come from that number, as the System ID is something the Scammer robocall software is able to do. I get calls that ID locally, and even from myself; that's right, my own landline number appears to be calling my landline.

I use this service:

https://www.nomorobo.com/lookup/877-683-3280

"Robocaller Warning!

(877) 683-3280 is a Robocaller
Do not answer."

This technology is called Spoofing. The number ID is not real.

"Combating Spoofed Robocalls with Caller ID Authentication

How Will Caller ID Authentication Help Consumers?

Caller ID authentication technology enables subscribers to trust that callers are who they say they are, reducing the effectiveness of fraudulently spoofed calls. This technology is critical to protecting Americans from scams using spoofed robocalls because it erodes the ability of callers to illegally spoof a caller ID, which scammers use to trick Americans into answering their phones when they shouldn't. Caller ID authentication technology also allows consumers and law enforcement alike to more readily identify the source of illegal robocalls and reduce their frequency and impact. The STIR/SHAKEN framework, an industry-standard caller ID authentication technology, is a set of technical standards and protocols that allow for the authentication and verification of caller ID information for calls carried over Internet Protocol (IP) networks. As implementation continues to progress, it will give Americans more confidence that the caller ID information they receive is accurate and will allow voice service providers to provide helpful information to their consumers about which calls to answer."

https://www.fcc.gov/call-authentication

"My account is through lacerte hosted not intuit sales."

Exactly the point. You ignored the message and went to your known, safe, sign in source for confirmation.

Just like, if you ever have a message that your credit card has been used for fraud, you don't call back that number for that message. You call the number on the back of your credit card. They can confirm if there is fraudulent or suspicious activity; or, they tell you there is nothing on their system and that reveals the message itself was an attempt to defraud you out of the credit card info: "Oh, please, is that card in your possession? To prove it, please read me the security digits."

Ha ha ha. Play safely in the real world; it's hard to do, nowadays.

qbteachmt
Level 15

By the way, Nomorobo is a service provided by my local Spectrum/Charter. All I had to do is use the web-based login, where I can manage the phone, internet and TV package, and enable it. It's free. It works great.