Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for crit. diag. #43431? Form 3800, Part III, checkbox B and Line 2 on corresp. 3800 Part III has an amount, there must also be an amount on 3800 Part I Line 3.

dmendoza
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I have that one!

1) Get your return all done and ready to file.

2) Copy the Lacerte file. Now you have two for the same client. Re-REP (no charge) if needed.

3) Print the 3800 to PDF. 

4) In one file, delete the passive activity credit inputs. Verify that the return is otherwise still correct. Attach the PDF 3800 to the e-file screen. E-file from this file.

5) Proforma the other file.

6) Repeat every single year until at least a dollar of credit frees up.

No problems e-filing, and no IRS correspondence (although with those returns, good luck getting any matching system to work) for multiple years running.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I have that one!

1) Get your return all done and ready to file.

2) Copy the Lacerte file. Now you have two for the same client. Re-REP (no charge) if needed.

3) Print the 3800 to PDF. 

4) In one file, delete the passive activity credit inputs. Verify that the return is otherwise still correct. Attach the PDF 3800 to the e-file screen. E-file from this file.

5) Proforma the other file.

6) Repeat every single year until at least a dollar of credit frees up.

No problems e-filing, and no IRS correspondence (although with those returns, good luck getting any matching system to work) for multiple years running.

0 Cheers