Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an income reported of 500$ but there is no 1099 nec for it because its less than 600$ can i still reported in sch c other income

dmufeed
Level 2
i have an income reported of 500$ but there is no 1099 nec for it because its less than 600$ can i still reported in sch c other income
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

A 1099 doesn't change whether or not income should be reported.  So yeah, you "can" report it on schedule C.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Not only "can" you, you are required to report it.  

ALL income is to be reported, whether a F 1099 is issued or not.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

See if this helps:

Your taxpayer has so many customers, and even though no one pays $600 or more in a calendar year, your taxpayer has a $3 million business. Are you going to wait for 1099-NEC, or are you filing their business taxes?

What about: Your taxpayer mows lawns and does home maintenance, so has no business clients. Only homeowner clients. Your taxpayer makes $30,000 a year. Since homeowners are not required to use 1099-NEC for their services, are you going to file your taxpayer's business taxes anyway?

Both answers = File Taxes using the info you have, because 1099-NEC is informational. It notifies the IRS that a business-to-business event has happened, and one of the things it does is provides the info that the issuer intends to report as business expense. It isn't all about Income.

You already know about the Business; your taxpayer is supposed to provide all the info, not just the parts reported to the IRS.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers