Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could generate Form 2441 but CA Form 3506 does not generate.

GaryKuwada
Level 1

My client qualified for the federal child and dependent care expenses credits for 2018, and I could generate the Form 2441 after input the care provider's information and the qualified expense amount. But the CA Form 3506 did not automatically generate, and when I checked the state form, it was messed up. The Part II line g should show the amount but it showed the city, state, and zip information, and the Part II column (e) showed zero. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

The only "special" input for CA is the telephone number - enter without formatting, e.g. 4157778163 and that will generate (415) 777-8163 - and the Identification number, which should automatically format as a SSN. Look closely at those two fields.

My best guess is that the input was corrupted. Probably quickest solution is to delete the input, exit the client and do the input again. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

The only "special" input for CA is the telephone number - enter without formatting, e.g. 4157778163 and that will generate (415) 777-8163 - and the Identification number, which should automatically format as a SSN. Look closely at those two fields.

My best guess is that the input was corrupted. Probably quickest solution is to delete the input, exit the client and do the input again. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
GaryKuwada
Level 1

Thanks George. It worked!

0 Cheers