Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete multiple w-2g's at one time

david6
Level 1

I have about 100 W-2G's that proforma'd from 2017 that need to be deleted. Deleting one at a time will take hours. Is there a way to delete all of them at one time?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Another method is go to the first 1099G and roll down to find 1=delete this year, 2=delete next year.

Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, etc. 

Notice I did not say Enter a 1 then press Enter.

Have Fun!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Another method is go to the first 1099G and roll down to find 1=delete this year, 2=delete next year.

Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, Enter a 1, then press Ctrl and the Down Arrow, etc. 

Notice I did not say Enter a 1 then press Enter.

Have Fun!

0 Cheers
david6
Level 1
Thank you, this seems to make it go a little faster. Although it still cycles through all the remaining W-2G's
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I tend to combine w-2's from the same place, as long as they do not have withholding. The total is more important than the number of W-2G's.
Back in the olden days we only need to report total winnings. Even today, I think that would probably work with only 1 W-2G.
Be sure you charge the client for this time to input and then again to delete. You can add that cost to the gambling losses :wink:

0 Cheers
Sidley
Level 1

I appreciate your comment, however, this does not "delete" "multiple" at "once".  This is only deleting "this year", one at a time,  and still rolls through the entire list of W2Gs and its required field unfilled before allowing you to do the next one.  I am now on day 2 of trying to delete W2Gs from the lacerte detail screen.  Intuit, can you add a button to "Delete All" from the left side panel list?  I can't charge a client  3 days at $220 per hour for deleting prior year W2Gs from Lacerte.  I've got 198 to go that will take today and tomorrow to delete...I'm using my weekend to do this.  Anyone out there know another way to "delete all" w2gs?  All suggestions are welcome.  Thank you so much and have a beautiful weekend.

0 Cheers
JanetN
Level 1

I am trying your suggestion for marking each W-2 G with 1 and control arrow down and it is still horribly slow.  Locks it up for 5 minutes .  is there any other blanket way

0 Cheers