Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping under Sec 469

MKayG
Level 1

I have a situation where a farmer, who owns the land, trees, etc., leases the property to his own S Corporation.   The S Corporation runs the farming operations, owns the equipment, and is responsible for maintaining land improvements.  On the individual return, the farmer reports the "rental" activity on Form 4835, and income from operations come through from the S Corp's K-1.  The Form 4835 is facing losses due to depreciation of the property that the S Corporation is farming.  Under Sectiom 469, these two activities can be grouped so the losses from the Form 4835 can offset the income coming through fomr the  K-1.  Does anyone know how to accomplish this in Lacerte?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
DuncanSR
Level 1

Were you ever able to get this answered? I am struggling with something similar. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
DuncanSR
Level 1

Were you ever able to get this answered? I am struggling with something similar. 

0 Cheers
MKayG
Level 1

I was never able to get a good answer.  We ended up reporting the owners share of income(loss) on a Schedule F, rather the a Form 4835.  Not the best solution, but the best I could come up with.

0 Cheers