Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8915F NOT Proformed for prior years - new client

loricpa100
Level 4

Ok, I give up!  New client.  Trying to input a carryover properly for the 3rd year of Covid related IRA recognizing income. 

I want to show the final 1/3 IRA Distribution taxable this year AND prepare a proper 8915F.  I cannot figure out how to fill out the Disaster Carryover amounts to flow onto this return that is not proforma'd.  I do not have any other clients with this to copy and cannot find anything in the help.

Screen 13.1 for carryovers, I have tried to input the correct numbers and have page 1 of 8915F correct.  Yet I cannot get ANY number on page 2 line 3 (2021 return by other CPA has this at 100% of the amount taken in 2020).  Need this to populate page 3?

What I have now shows line 23 correctly with the prior 2 years income - yet then the form wants that (2/3 amount) to be the taxable amount this year.

In 2021 they had line 22 show the 1/3 amount, blank line 23 and then it flowed.  Granted, they used Profx. 

My pal Jump to input is not helping either.  Sigh

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgreen8393
Level 5

I checked the only client I have with this carryover.  You will enter this information in Screen 13.1  (Pensions, IRAs) and on the left side go to 2020 Qualified Disaster Distributions (Form 8915F).  You can then enter the original distribution on the first line of this section and farther down list the amounts reported in prior years.  I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
kgreen8393
Level 5

I checked the only client I have with this carryover.  You will enter this information in Screen 13.1  (Pensions, IRAs) and on the left side go to 2020 Qualified Disaster Distributions (Form 8915F).  You can then enter the original distribution on the first line of this section and farther down list the amounts reported in prior years.  I hope this helps.

loricpa100
Level 4

Thank you.  Yes, it is a hodge podge to get there and I had to try amounts in the various boxes to get the number I want and the form to print.  Does not seem logical to the form verbiage, yet I have the number I need.  Again, thank you for taking the time to check for me.  Appreciate it!