Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form M1PR reject

BobYCPA
Level 2

Received reject: error 0118: Form M1PR line 18

The explanation: The state of MN updated the Renter's and Homeowner refund table on June 14, 2023.

The MN legislature retroactively changed the law with respect to the special refund for real estate taxes increasing over a specified percentage.  The refund used to kick in if taxes increased more than 12% year over year.  Now it takes effect if the tax amount increased over 6%.  This change has been made by Lacerte.

In addition, MN changed the published tables.  Due to a current year NOL, my client has negative taxable income and for M1PR purposes, negative household income.  His adjusted RE taxes from line 21 is $1,820.  with zero household income the new table amount for line 21 being at least $1,800, but less than $1,825 shows a refund of $1,847.  Lacerte shows $1,820, the amount from line 21.  Will Lacerte be updating the table to reflect the State of MN changes, or do I have to submit a paper Form M1PR.  The reject basically says the amount calculated by Lacerte on line 18, (the refund amount) does not equal the amount shown in the table, and it won't unless Lacerte updates the table.  

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

Intuit can't seem to show MN any love. If it's not one thing or program it's another.

@IRonMaN

@TaxGuyBill

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven't done any M1PRs on Minnesota for awhile to know if there are any similar issues with ProSeries.  But if you are having issues with e-filing the form, I wouldn't hesitate to mail a paper return.  The refunds don't normally start trickling out until August anyway and Minnesota does process paper filed returns pretty quickly.

Slava Ukraini!