Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 990-T efile mandate

DFitz
Level 1

IRS issue an Update on mandatory electronic filing of Form 990-T-

Any 2020 Form 990-T with a due date on or after April 15, 2021, must be filed electronically and not on paper. A limited exception applies for 2020 Form 990-T returns submitted on paper that bear a postmark date on or before March 15, 2021.

The 2020 Lacerte program still issues a Critical Diagnostic indicating Form 990-T cannot be file electronically. How can we determine when or if Lacerte will comply with this mandate?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

The diagnostic is erroneous. As long as you have 990-T check for efile in screen 1 you will be fine. You may disregard the diagnostic. In the efile wizard the 990-T is the same as US UBIT.

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 4

However the program does not prepare Form 8879-EO for the signature on the E-File Authorization Form, nor do the filing instructions state the return is being E-Filed.  I was on the phone today with support and they stated development told them that the Lacerte program adjustments have not yet been approved by the IRS.

0 Cheers
jenniferfarris
Level 1

That's an interesting note because I noticed there are still several issues with the Form 990-T that I need to file. Perhaps once the IRS approves, there will be an update rolled out that addresses these as well.

0 Cheers