Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8990 why do I get a critical diagnostic for this form on a individual return with a schedule f where there is no interest expense anywhere on the return?

richard
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

I double checked my Lacerte settings and I have auto-attach PDF turned on. If this is turned on I do not get the diagnostic that you are seeing. I just turned it off and I am now generating the diagnostic that you have. I would double check the entries in screen 88 Limitation on Business Interest expense. I removed all my entries in this screen and the diagnostic goes away.

Also to double check your auto-attach PDF, in the upper right of Lacerte I would type in the search box "auto attach" and then click on search. It will bring up Attaching PDF Documents to an E-file Return. Under the video where it says Note: this tells you how to verify it is off. If you would like it turned on, turn the auto-attach PDF to yes.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
What is the diagnostic reference number you are generating?
0 Cheers
richard
Level 1
Ref # 51694
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
Thank you, let me check on this.
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
I am unable to duplicate the diagnostic. I generated the schedule f and form 8990, added business interest expense to different places on the return (I know you said there is none) and interest on the screen 19 and I am still not generating the diagnostic. I would make sure that you are up-to-date for Lacerte.
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

I double checked my Lacerte settings and I have auto-attach PDF turned on. If this is turned on I do not get the diagnostic that you are seeing. I just turned it off and I am now generating the diagnostic that you have. I would double check the entries in screen 88 Limitation on Business Interest expense. I removed all my entries in this screen and the diagnostic goes away.

Also to double check your auto-attach PDF, in the upper right of Lacerte I would type in the search box "auto attach" and then click on search. It will bring up Attaching PDF Documents to an E-file Return. Under the video where it says Note: this tells you how to verify it is off. If you would like it turned on, turn the auto-attach PDF to yes.

0 Cheers