Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8825 for LLC and Schedule E for 1040's - How to show 23 Properties in columns

cmpcpa
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new client who has to report 23 properties on their Form 8825 but Lacerte only allows for 2 pages of properties from A, B, C , D, E, F, G, H, but I need to continue through all the way to W.

Does anyone know how to extend the columns on pages 3, 4, 5, 6 to show columns I, J, K,.....W

Also, the way Lacerte is doing it now, is repeating page 2 for each of the properties I, J, K,L, as E, F, G, H again and again and again.  When it repeats the page 2 for all of these properties, it's getting confused and not printing out any "Statements associated with the 3, 4, 5, 6 pages of the Form 8825.

Hope someone has run into doing a return where the person has 23 individual properties that need to go on Form 8825.

I am also having the exact same problem with their Schedule E as they have 34 properties that need to be on their Schedule E.  Yikes.  

Any help is much appreciated.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

The designations of E F G H on Page 2 of 8825, or  A B C on Sch E are likely as approved by the IRS forms.  The alpha's are bound by the IRS format and not flexible.  

For 8825 "OTHER EXPENSES" are listed on the  bottom of 8825 up to three lines, and if there are more than 3 lines, a statement for the page of 8825 is generated.  The statement number is on the 8825 or Sch E.  On the statement, the property addresses are included - ONE statement for each Sch E property, and for 8825, the addresses are listed for each statement to define the respective " E F G H".  I don't understand why you said Lacerte is "not printing out and statement associated with the later pages of 8825".  This is true ONLY if the other expenses are covered on the three lines.

For clients with multiple rentals, on the description, I add a number in front of the description.  Therefore on the left hand window "Description" (Below the Page Window) I would be able to find the Sch E or Page 2 of 8825 for the particular rental, instead of going trial and error with Page 1 (#)  for Sch E or Page 2 (#) for 8825.

Hope this helps. 

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.