Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esignature Error Message

bhlphdcpa
Level 2

I've been trying to send files to clients for esignatures in Lacerte today.  It runs through creating the file, then I get a pop up message that reads:  "Response status code does not indicate success:  400 (Bad Request)".  This has happened 5 times with 5 different clients, all individuals.  Is anyone else getting this?  What does it mean, and how is it fixed?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I just sent a Docusign request and didn't encounter this. That said, I usually do encounter an error (read request or something) and usually have to attempt Docusign a 2nd time on that client, and then it works fine.  Since it always works on the second try, attempting it twice is much faster than calling support, so I just accept it as part of my process.

If you're hosted, I would hit the red "logoff" button, essentially reboot your remote desktop.  If you're not hosted, I would check for updates and probably even reinstall Lacerte.

Beyond that, you'll probably have to call Support.  

If Support is closed for the weekend (I don't know), I would just pdf the 8879's and send them securely to the client to have them sign and send back.  It's not efficient, but it would keep you moving.

Best of luck, and I'm sorry you're having to deal with this in tax season.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers