Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 Schedule E pg 2 - S Corp

commander24
Level 3

We noticed that when you have the s corporation that on the E pg 2, there would be statement for the basis, but the statement pages are blank.   Statement lines are there on the E pg 2.  I didn't know if that intentional or not since really it is reported on 7203 now.  

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Yep, I'd bet it's intentional. Before 7203 was released, but after it had been announced, Lacerte tried to petition the IRS to accept their statement as a substitute for 7203.  Then when 7203 was released and Lacerte saw the debt breakouts, they realized they had to integrate the form.  So I would imagine they axed the statement to buffer against the risk of inconsistent reporting due to algorithms.

I hope they are keeping / kept the state basis statements.  Haven't gotten there yet to see with my clients.  I'm in CA, and their basis is WAY diff than federal.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers