Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efiling state return but not efiling federal

JELLIOTT
Level 2

We're in Oklahoma. Client filed 1120S with IRS on paper. Unknown to him Oklahoma has done away with paper filing for corporate returns. We are a piggyback state. How can I e-file the Oklahoma return with the required federal copy without also e-filing the federal (which I assume would be rejected)? This is giving me "what is the sound of one hand clapping" vibes

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

The Oklahoma Tax Commission has assured the Oklahoma Society of CPAs that any paper returns filed will be processed, e-filing mandate notwithstanding. I put a sheet of colored paper on the front that explains why the return isn't eligible for e-file.

That said, entities don't really piggyback. I think if you uncheck to e-file Federal and check to e-file Oklahoma, then go through the normal e-file process, that the return will file without issue.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

@PhoebeRoberts may be able a hand to that clapping motion.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

The Oklahoma Tax Commission has assured the Oklahoma Society of CPAs that any paper returns filed will be processed, e-filing mandate notwithstanding. I put a sheet of colored paper on the front that explains why the return isn't eligible for e-file.

That said, entities don't really piggyback. I think if you uncheck to e-file Federal and check to e-file Oklahoma, then go through the normal e-file process, that the return will file without issue.

JELLIOTT
Level 2

Thanks very much for this!