Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E File

Level 3

I received efile rejections today.  When will the IRS and California start accepting 2019 efiles again?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Level 15

Asked/answered many time, just today.

Former Chump..umm... AllStar.
"the game of life is hard to play"

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Level 15
Level 15

Are you a new preparer?  IRS shuts down Efiling every year and doesnt reopen until the end of January.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Level 15

@RoyS976 wrote:

...When will the IRS and California start accepting 2019 efiles again?

Agree with Anna and Lisa.

CA is a standalone state.  Don't think FTB ever shut down e-filing like the IRS.  Since CA e-filing doesn't go through the IRS' system, you should be able to e-file 2019 CA returns as usual, AFAIK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Level 13

@itonewbie wrote:

Since CA e-filing doesn't go through the IRS' system, you should be able to e-file 2019 CA returns as usual, AFAIK.

That could be another Intuit-imposed restriction:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/can-i-efile-california-...

0 Cheers
Level 15
Level 15

I dont think CA is open to Efile yet either.  Their Free California EFile site doesnt show that 2020 is available yet.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

I dont think CA is open to Efile yet either.  Their Free California EFile site doesnt show that 2020 is available yet.

The OP was referring to 2019 returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers