Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E file success/reject - need redundant process

I want to be sure that I didn't miss an efile reject.  I thought I saw all the notifications, but I could have missed one.  How do I know that there are no returns still unsuccessfully sent? I don't want to check each return as that is time consuming.

TIA

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Change your display to show efile status, Fed & State, as well as Ext file status (F & S).  Look for red 'rejected' info as 'accepted' in those columns

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

Change your display to show efile status, Fed & State, as well as Ext file status (F & S).  Look for red 'rejected' info as 'accepted' in those columns

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

There's also the 'efile returns' reconciliation thingy on the left side ( I'm not at my computer).  I seldom use it as I do the display thing.

( Generic Comment )"
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

You can also double check your clients in the e-file Center view available in the left column while on the Clients tab. This view includes e-file Returns, e-file Status, Next Steps and Submission ID when transmission is complete.

If you're unsure about a specific client, highlight the client and viewing F4 - e-file tab, will provide you with more details and confirmation when needed.

abctax55
Level 15

Thanks @IntuitAlicia for the better description of "that thingy on the left" 😀

( Generic Comment )"
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I also have a custom filter in Lacerte that looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 110345.jpg

Where statuses 12 and 13 are "To Be Delivered" and "Final" on my system. It tells me what returns I think are done enough to sign, that haven't been accepted by the IRS yet.

(This setup is not sufficient to identify amended returns where I'm waiting for an ack, or state-only filings. But I have few enough of those that I don't mind them hanging out on the list in perpetuity.)