Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics - Federal Critical - keeps telling me that I am out of balance - but when I check the screen, my figures are the same as the ones that the diagnostics are telling me are the correct ones! I am going round and round about this. This is on a 11

nandeide
Level 2

This problem is for a 1120S tax return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

I don't believe the diagnostic give specific figures.

Check your State accrual of taxes AND any penalties.  Also check accumulated depreciation.

When I'm stumped, I resort to printing the 4-5 pages of the F1120-S & physically tying back to the Trial Balance.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

I don't believe the diagnostic give specific figures.

Check your State accrual of taxes AND any penalties.  Also check accumulated depreciation.

When I'm stumped, I resort to printing the 4-5 pages of the F1120-S & physically tying back to the Trial Balance.

( Generic Comment )"
nandeide
Level 2

Well, my problems have increased because I now cannot bring up the 2019 program. I am awaiting a call back from Lacerte. But thank you for trying to help me.

nandeide
Level 2

Actually, the diagnostics did give out numbers for being off balance - but the diagnostics were wrong, and what solved the problem was Microsoft coming in and updating! I have an automatic update setting on Microsoft, QuickBooks and Lacerte, but this took a longer time. It corrected some other things too.

Thank you for your offering of help. I really appreciate knowledge and help.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Wow... scary stuff.  It seems like, more & more, that a missing update for *anything* makes for weird wonkiness. 

I'm glad it's now all sorted out for you, and thanks for reporting back as to the solution.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers