Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting state on individual return

NAN
Level 2

When I highlight a state and then click on delete in Screen 1, nothing happens.  I want to get REP access, but don't want a state that I used last year.  Anyone have this happen?  I downloaded most current update, so that's not it.

Thanks

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15

Do you get the pop up asking if you are sure you want to do this?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
NAN
Level 2

No.  I was not asked anything.  No buttons came up.

Having exact same issue for 2020 as NAN.  Clicking delete on Screen 1 Client Info doesn't appear to do anything, and does not generate a prompt to say yes or no.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Is the file locked?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here is the screen I was presented with to delete one of the states. Possibly there is no input for the state being deleted and that is why you would not get the YES or NO presentation screen.

Capture.JPG

0 Cheers

On mine, the client is not locked, nor does it have REP authorization.  I am needing to delete  5 state returns and the REP authorization looks as though its trying to include the 5 states I don't want anymore on this return.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

If you are not getting a screen like I posted, you need to contact support. 

Solution:  While the return was not a "Locked Return" (where you don't want changes to the return), the return WAS set with an "REP Lock".  By right clicking on the client, I was able to choose unlock the "REP Lock".  That fixed my problem, and am now able to delete 5 states (no longer needed) before submitting for an REP Authorization.  Thanks for everyone's attention and suggestions.

abctax55
Level 15

Hey, thanks for reporting back in on the solution.

What is "REP" lock even used for?  I admit I've never seen it/used it.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"