Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed payment deadline

jcdickerson
Level 2

Client who has e-filed and electronic withdrawal is asking to change their payment date.  Is this possible one the return has been filed and accepted?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hschweit
Level 3

There is a number in the Filing Instructions that THE CLIENT can call to cancel a payment that's been set up. I'm not sure if when they call they'd have the option to provide a new withdrawal date or if this only cancels. If it just cancels the payment, you could provide a voucher so they can mail payment at their discretion or I imagine THE CLIENT could then follow any instructions for setting up the new payment electronically.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
hschweit
Level 3

There is a number in the Filing Instructions that THE CLIENT can call to cancel a payment that's been set up. I'm not sure if when they call they'd have the option to provide a new withdrawal date or if this only cancels. If it just cancels the payment, you could provide a voucher so they can mail payment at their discretion or I imagine THE CLIENT could then follow any instructions for setting up the new payment electronically.