Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporation allocation of California K-1 income/loss Sch R

JGEUS
Level 1

November 17, 2023: Tax year 2022 I have a Delaware corporation that has a K-1 from an LLC in California.

The net income prior to State adjustments is $300,000 and the net income after state adjustments is $185,000. (adjusted for the CA K-1 $100,000 + the $15,000 loss)

The California LLC K-1 reflects $100,000 of income for US purposes and a loss of ($15,000) for California purposes which is input through the K-1 module.  Zero is "apportioned" for California.

That is all the activity in California.  The Form 100 page 2 flows the from the US return with a net income of $300,000.  The next section "CA Net Income" should reflect the $15,000 loss from the K-1 input, however it simply transfers the $185,000 from the State Adjustments Continued.

On November 15th the software automatically populated  line 18 with the CA Source loss of $15,000.  Now it does not and I have to override the field with the correct number.  Also the Sch R does not automatically populate and the form does not turn black as being automatically generated.

So the big question is should the program automatically calculate line 18 and if so how do I get it to work properly.

Thank you

Joe 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

Joe, this is a public forum.

You should not show your phone number.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

Generally corporations have to apportion their income. Have you filled out the apportionment section?

Ex-AllStar