Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Letter not reflecting fed early electronic payment date

ben530
Level 3

Any one else finding that the client letter does not reflect a selected earlier electronic payment date before the normal due date? In my case, the CA state paragraph does it correctly but not the federal paragraph. The financial transaction summary looks correct and reflects the early payment dates.

Interestingly, when I go to letter setup for federal, there doesn't seem to be a separate paragraph for "electronic payment before normal due date" like the state has, which uses the "CA/DEBITDATE" keyword.

You by chance have the same issue and idea on quick fix? Thanks!

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
ben530
Level 3

This has been fixed with a lacerte update! 🙂

DACPA
Level 2

This is not solved. Not sure why it says an update fixed this. I have applied all updates and I am having the same issue.

ACCTETC
Level 2

it is not correct on our program either.. and i've updated and also ran a web update because another Lacerte Client we know .. theirs is working and correctly showing the date. so.. what setting is it?? because it has to be that since theirs shows the correct date on the letter that is input on screen 3 electronic payment of balance due...

ACCTETC
Level 2

Hi .. can you check on this? because it's not doing it correctly on our program and we have updated and like I stated below I even ran a web update to make sure.

DACPA
Level 2

Why this is an issue is beyond me. It always worked before, always. The earlier payment date not working issue is only on the client letter which is kinda sorta important to avoid client confusion!  It is correct for the actual earlier payment date as you can verify by looking at the Fed e-file instructions.

I called support yesterday and their solution to having the correct payment date is to go to Screen 5.1 and enter the earlier payment date in the "Due date of return [O]" field.  And yes that works to show the correct payment date on the client letter.  But we never had to do this extra step before as I explained it to the customer service agent. They responded that they would make the suggestion to improve the program. Nice. Improve it back to where it was before whatever glitch happened recently.  Doubtful it will be resolved soon so an extra step this season for those clients that want to pay the IRS before the due date. Who has time for this by the way? Yes I know a bit cynical but Lacerte need to not skip a beat now that we are in the heat of tax season.

The earlier state payment date showing on the letter does work by the way and was never the issue.  

ACCTETC
Level 2

exactly! we can Make it work .. but why all of a sudden.. and honestly had a colleague check and theirs does it correctly.. so it's seeming that there's a "new" setting maybe we are missing?? i have no clue either.

ACCTETC
Level 2

2023 Operator Programs Version 44.0229
2023 Federal Tax Version 44.0229

and our version and my colleague's version are the same.. "above"

has to be something else.

ben530
Level 3

Hello, this is soooo irritating. Yes, go figure, it is broken again. I removed the solution mark! 🙂

0 Cheers
ACCTETCllc
Level 1

This is STILL an issue. 😞