DACPA
Level 2

Why this is an issue is beyond me. It always worked before, always. The earlier payment date not working issue is only on the client letter which is kinda sorta important to avoid client confusion!  It is correct for the actual earlier payment date as you can verify by looking at the Fed e-file instructions.

I called support yesterday and their solution to having the correct payment date is to go to Screen 5.1 and enter the earlier payment date in the "Due date of return [O]" field.  And yes that works to show the correct payment date on the client letter.  But we never had to do this extra step before as I explained it to the customer service agent. They responded that they would make the suggestion to improve the program. Nice. Improve it back to where it was before whatever glitch happened recently.  Doubtful it will be resolved soon so an extra step this season for those clients that want to pay the IRS before the due date. Who has time for this by the way? Yes I know a bit cynical but Lacerte need to not skip a beat now that we are in the heat of tax season.

The earlier state payment date showing on the letter does work by the way and was never the issue.