Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Intuit Link for a non-client?

lancermc
Level 3

Clients mortgage broker only accepts fax documents. I do not have a fax. Can I set the broker up in Link to just upload some documents to them? 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

I have used this, even with my governmental clients:

https://www.sendthisfile.com/choose-free.jsp

But if I wanted a fax, I would tell you this is unacceptable.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15

Most towns have a UPS or other store that will do faxing for people. There are also ways of faxing from your computer. Personally, this is the responsibility of the client and I would just give them an option of them taking care of it, or because of the extra time needed you could do it for $$$. Pick your number high enough that the client will find a way to get it done. They are the one that initiated the loan process and you should have a signed disclosure letter before you deliver via any means to a third party.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
lancermc
Level 3

Of course to all of your remarks. Do you know the answer to the question though?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

You realize this is not addressing your issue?

They only accept fax, and yet, you want to Upload to them, which is not Fax. It's FTP, or Cloud Sharing. For instance, you can email it; that's an upload, too.

If they only want Fax, what makes upload an acceptable alternative?

0 Cheers
lancermc
Level 3

The only have fax or email as an alternative. I am trying to find out if I can set up a Link client without having it setup in Lacerte. I could upload them documents via Link.

Now, do you know the answer or...............?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

What you are asking doesn't apply to what you keep stating you need. If you can upload it through Intuit Link, you can do so through DropBox or Box or Sharefile or One Drive or Google Docs or Office Cloud or Adobe Cloud or any other provision that is via the web. And sending by email would be as secure as well, unless they don't monitor their own email address.

Asking if you can upload to someone who wants a fax is like asking if you can email a hamburger to someone who is hungry.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I have used this, even with my governmental clients:

https://www.sendthisfile.com/choose-free.jsp

But if I wanted a fax, I would tell you this is unacceptable.

lancermc
Level 3

okay, you don't know the answer, you just like to shoot the breeze.......

0 Cheers
lancermc
Level 3

oh this is a nice suggestion, thank you it is very helpful

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"okay, you don't know the answer,"

Oh, I know plenty about filesharing, ftp, etc. I know this is not what you were asked to provide, as well.

0 Cheers