Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean logic in letters

jmsbacpa
Level 2

Am looking to see if it is possible to use Boolean logic on the client letter and organizers to substitute the Salutation field for the Client name field. 

We have clients who are referred to middle names or nick names and these are the names in the salutation field.  When printing letters, to always make sure the client receives correspondence using nicknames (salutation), is it possible to input a logic test to see if the salutation is not blank that the data is used is from the salutation field rather than the client name field?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Settings > Client Letter > Not an elegant word processing macro, but it does work and it does offer Salutation

Capture.JPG

Same for Organizer

organizer.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
jmsbacpa
Level 2

Thank you for your response.

Does this macro replace ClientName with Salutation if Salutation exists?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I don't know, give it a try. You should always print a few samples to pdf to check to see what you are sending is (a) correct (which this early it very likely is not) and (b) is it formatted correctly. 

I don't use Salutation, so I can't really tell you. In the input, if you press F1 it generally gives you some good information. It is not working for Salutation. 

When you find out. Report back here. It sounds like a good feature, I may use it in the future if it works out for you. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers