Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar action causes program to go extremely slow - sluggish.

BUCKB
Level 1

There is an extreme problem with the connection between the individual program and the calendar.  When a workstation makes a change to the calendar (add, modify or delete an appointment) when more than one work station is running Lacerte, it causes the whole program to become sluggish.  When the workstations that were running restart Lacerte, they go back to normal.  We have spent hours and hours with and without Lacerte techs and still the problem continues.  Any one else with the same problem.   Would Lacerte please check to see if there is a programing error!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

It's a known problem (and a big PITA)

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1608540-lacerte-program-is-running-slow

I removed the appointment info from "Display" on all workstations & performance improved substantially.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

It's a known problem (and a big PITA)

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1608540-lacerte-program-is-running-slow

I removed the appointment info from "Display" on all workstations & performance improved substantially.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Vince EA
Level 1

I was searching for something else and came across this.  This has been a problem for years.  I don't know if it's been fixed because for many years now we do the following: 

We use the prior year program to set all our appointments.  All the clients are there anyway.  Even the ones who maybe took a year off that you didn't proforma.  We install the calendar as a stand alone icon and pin it to our task bar.  So, when users are making appointments in the 2021 calendar, it doesn't affect the speed and performance of 2022 Lacerte. 

It does feel weird that we are always a year behind on the calendar but we've been doing it for 5+ years with great success.  I'm sure some firms are bigger and it would be hard to communicate this to everyone but we have 9 preparers with 4 front desk staff and set roughly 4,500 appointments per year and it's been very smooth since we started doing that. 

Good luck!

0 Cheers