Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alabama Returns

hjallen28
Level 1

Is anyone still having problems with printing Alabama returns in Lacerte? We can e-file Alabama returns but when we go to print, it prints a blank page with "This form is not available for this release". The AL forms show inside the program with E-File Only written across form and at the top it has "The form is final and watermarked E-File Only". The Lacerte customer service and technical support line is of absolutely no help and pass the buck to Alabama. When I explain to them that other firms software providers in the area are printing fine, they clam up. They inform me that we can e-file, but I also explained that many clients like to see a copy of their return first and handing out a tax return with blank pages is not going to work. It does not make sense how Pro-Series can print but not Lacerte since they are made by the same user. We are now getting calls from clients asking about when their return will be ready and afraid some will get mad and leave next year. It seems like we have this problem every year and it gets later and later. For the amount of money we pay for the software, this should not be an issue. I think we will look for a new software provider for next tax season.

4 Comments 4
grahamandassoc
Level 2

We are having the same problem and I called support to see when this would be released but they did not know. It is really putting us behind! 

0 Cheers
JKenV
Level 3

We put an Alabama tax summary in print copy for client can see calculations and have a long list of clients we will email client copy returns to when available.  Been using Lacerte for 22 years and Alabama still get no respect from Lacerte.

0 Cheers
grahamandassoc
Level 2

That is what we have been doing to until the new child tax credit for AL came about. If we can't print a return now no telling how long it will take them to adjust the software for the new credit that is suppose to be passed this week. It is hard to explain to clients when other software companies that other accounting firms are using work just fine. 

hjallen28
Level 1

Another update and the issue is still not resolved.

0 Cheers