Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Permission

d4velake
Level 2

My firm migrated to a new cloud based server based on the Lacerte 2019 security requirements.  Now, unfortunately, when I log in I am being told to ask the Administrator for access to my tax software...I am the administrator.  I have called Lacerte support a few times to get this fixed and spent hours on the phone with them and I'm still in the same position I was in.  I did have an old firm that my license migrated from which I believe is part of the problem.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

@d4velake wrote:

My firm migrated to a new cloud based server based on the Lacerte 2019 security requirements.

Ah, but there's no security requirement to move Lacerte to the cloud.  I suppose you meant you have just decided to subscribe to Intuit's new cloud hosting service for Lacerte.

Since this is a new service about which we haven't seen any similar questions just yet and we're only users like you, I'm afraid we won't be of much help.  Hopefully, one of the moderators could point you in the right direction or help escalate your case.  Good luck.

I have called Lacerte support a few times to get this fixed and spent hours on the phone with them and I'm still in the same position I was in.

@IntuitAustin @IntuitBettyJo Would you or someone on your team be able to help?  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @d4velake , 

Please be on the lookout for an email from our Community Moderators in order for them to help you resolve this issue.  

Cheers! 

-Betty Jo 

d4velake
Level 2

We figured it out.  For some reason the "RealmID" number was wrong in the new installation.  When we changed that number in the Firm.wX files I was able to gain access.  It only took us 6 hours to find out how/what/where to do that.

Jeff_1961
Level 2

Ok, so where are the "RealmID" numbers and the Firm.wX files located?

I may have a similar situation with Proseries.  I have a Proseries network install with individual workstations and am trying to add 2 new workstation users.  Can you give me the complete paths of both the numbers and files you refer to?

Are the files on the C:\ drive of the individual workstations or on your network computer?

Thanks. 

You said:  "We figured it out.  For some reason the "RealmID" number was wrong in the new installation.  When we changed that number in the Firm.wX files I was able to gain access.  It only took us 6 hours to find out how/what/where to do that."

0 Cheers
d4velake
Level 2

I am using Lacerte, but I would assume the path would be similar.  Just substitute the like folder with the Proseries equivalent.

I have Lacerte in the cloud, so you have to find the Lacerte or Proseries folder on your hard drive and then:

Folder: 19tax

Folder: OPTION19

File: "Firms"   Open this file in Notepad and find the number that is between these "<" and ">" (the tech I talked to called them alligator jaws...you and I call them "less than" and "greater than".  The number between the alligator jaws is your Realm ID.  Hope this helps!

Dave

0 Cheers