Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 updates

CPA Chris
Level 3

Just downloaded 2018 updates and now diagnostics say certain forms are in draft form so can't e-file the returns.  Obviously they are no longer draft forms

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/disabling-e-file-diagnostic-error-checkin...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
itonewbie
Level 15

Yes, some are back in draft (e.g. Sch A and Sch 1) because of the extenders.  The IRS was going to finalize the updates late in the season but this is probably no longer the top priority.

If your returns are not impacted by this, you can still ignore the CD and e-file the returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
CPA Chris
Level 3

Thx but this diagnostic still won't let me e-file.  It's 2018 NOT 2019 so not sure how forms for 2018 were affected by the 2019 changes.

IRonMaN
Level 15

When Congress does stuff retroactively, life becomes difficult for tax preparers.

Slava Ukraini!
CPA Chris
Level 3

Ugh I know.  I am a former State Senator so I know the damage that can be done but I still don't know how this affects 2018.

IRonMaN
Level 15

PMI, energy credits, etc got reinstated after the fact which made the original forms issued for 2018 obsolete.

Slava Ukraini!
CPA Chris
Level 3

Any idea how long it'll take Lacerte to update the forms so we can e-file 2018 returns again?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

They have officially put the returns on the back burner for now and haven't released any dates.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
CPA Chris
Level 3

Back to paper returns and snail mail!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

No, you don't have to paper file.  As explained in my earlier post, just ignore the CD or disable diagnostic, if you're sure the return is correct, and you'd be able to e-file.  Many have already done so without a problem.

Still an AllStar
CPA Chris
Level 3

Thx.  How do I disable diagnostic?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/disabling-e-file-diagnostic-error-checkin...

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
CPA Chris
Level 3

Perfect!

0 Cheers