Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is fafsa worksheet found

donna2
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

At some gov't website (doesn't FAFSA have have one?) 

It is NOT an income tax form, so you won't find it in professional tax prep software.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

At some gov't website (doesn't FAFSA have have one?) 

It is NOT an income tax form, so you won't find it in professional tax prep software.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Essayons
Level 2

Other professional tax software does include a FAFSA worksheet.  UltraTax for example.  The other answer is disappointing, and hopefully incorrect.

sjrcpa
Level 15

It is correct. Lacerte does not have it.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is an easy fix - switch back to Ultra Tax.  

As a side note, I thought most of that stuff was done on online so why does the software need to generate the form?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Essayons
Level 2

A tax software package doesn't "need" to generate a FAFSA worksheet, abctax55, but it's definitely nice to have.  The FAFSA worksheets I have worked with over the course of my career just format FAFSA information that is already in the tax return in a way that makes it easy for the tax client to use when completing the FAFSA.  I'm dealing with a client right now who wants me to help her with her child's FAFSA because I'm her trusted advisor when it comes to government forms with numbers on them.  It would be easier for me to do that if Lacerte contained a FAFSA worksheet.  I can still help her.  It would just be easier for me if Lacerte had a FAFSA worksheet.