jo1's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jo1's Posts

Unfortunately the federal K-1 shows the states they reside in.  The S-corp is only incorporated in DE, now work is being done there nor any residency.   All good ideas, would love to get more.
new to me - filing a Delaware S-Corp state return.  It is defaulting to resident on the K-1s.  Three owners, none in Delaware.  Why can't I change it to Non-Resident?  Is there some Delaware law that... See more...
new to me - filing a Delaware S-Corp state return.  It is defaulting to resident on the K-1s.  Three owners, none in Delaware.  Why can't I change it to Non-Resident?  Is there some Delaware law that says you have to be a resident or have to file as a resident on the K-1s?
thank you thank you thank you - just never noticed that button two lines down!
I did not file the original return.  I am amending a 2022 return.  Proseries is telling me I can't file it electronically because the original was not electronically filed.  It was electronically fil... See more...
I did not file the original return.  I am amending a 2022 return.  Proseries is telling me I can't file it electronically because the original was not electronically filed.  It was electronically filed, just not by me.  Is there a workaround?
thank you - that is the direction I needed.  I knew there had to be a spot to indicate that it was a collectible, but sometimes it's like trying to find that piece of hay in the mound of needles!   ... See more...
thank you - that is the direction I needed.  I knew there had to be a spot to indicate that it was a collectible, but sometimes it's like trying to find that piece of hay in the mound of needles!   Hope you have a great weekend!
own collectibles, so just put it on a schedule D?  Wasn't sure if there was a more appropriate place to put detailed information in.   Thank you for the prompt response!
First time entering this into the Proseries software - any tips?
So here's the answer.   I had extended the corp client (clicked the X) but I had not processed the extension through E-File.  I had to take the X out of the extension box and then the 8879-CORP drop... See more...
So here's the answer.   I had extended the corp client (clicked the X) but I had not processed the extension through E-File.  I had to take the X out of the extension box and then the 8879-CORP dropped into the blue area on the left and I can now print it. That's a new one.    
Well, I lied - I just transferred a 1065 and it won't print the electronic form to sign.  On phone with technical support.  Any ideas?
8879-CORP - same question
Yes, and it's only with new clients I'm setting up this year.  The transferred ones are fine.
I set up a new client and it won't generate a 8879-S form.  I think I need to tell it that I am the preparer, but the instructions say go to General - and I have no idea where General is.  Can someon... See more...
I set up a new client and it won't generate a 8879-S form.  I think I need to tell it that I am the preparer, but the instructions say go to General - and I have no idea where General is.  Can someone help?
Seriously - how is it that this company can be this large and yet there are no humans working - what does it take to get a human on the phone to ask a basic question? 
I have a 1041 with 3 beneficiaries.  I have 25/25/50 split in the % for each.  The beneficiary page totals 100% but I have an error message saying that I do not have 100%.  Any ideas?
I have a client who has received a total of 3 W-2s, original and two amended.  This last one has the ISO and NSO added into wages.  The form 3921 has information fits into the proseries Part II # 3, ... See more...
I have a client who has received a total of 3 W-2s, original and two amended.  This last one has the ISO and NSO added into wages.  The form 3921 has information fits into the proseries Part II # 3, except it was sold in 2020.  This worksheet says not sold.  Is there another place to put the information that has ISO and NSO sold in 2020?   Really need help with this one.
I have several clients who received a letter saying they would get the $600 stimulus in the form of a debit card, but they never got the debit card, so we claimed it on the return.  I see them hung u... See more...
I have several clients who received a letter saying they would get the $600 stimulus in the form of a debit card, but they never got the debit card, so we claimed it on the return.  I see them hung up now with the IRS processing.  Anyone else run into this and is there a solution?
Is there going to be a software update for the health care credit forgiveness or do we just leave the 1095 information completely off the return.  Seems like that would just flag an audit.
I'm filing a 1040 with a K-1 that has foreign tax paid.  I have the date, location, and dividend that relates to the tax.  It won't file electronically because it says I don't have all this data in, ... See more...
I'm filing a 1040 with a K-1 that has foreign tax paid.  I have the date, location, and dividend that relates to the tax.  It won't file electronically because it says I don't have all this data in, but I do.  Is there a second place you put the data for K-1s?
I just pulled in a K-1 from an S-Corp and it pulled all the data all the way down to the section D where we've been manually entering in the past.  The S-Corp has two owners, so i went to the other i... See more...
I just pulled in a K-1 from an S-Corp and it pulled all the data all the way down to the section D where we've been manually entering in the past.  The S-Corp has two owners, so i went to the other individual 1040 and it did not bring everything in.  Anybody else have experience with the K-1 pulling all the QBI stuff and why it happens sometimes and not others?  The only variance I can think is the one that pulled everything is single and the other is the spouse of a primary.
Bless you for your patience, I had not found other responses.