Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8879 not printing on new S-Corp Client

jo1
Level 4

I set up a new client and it won't generate a 8879-S form.  I think I need to tell it that I am the preparer, but the instructions say go to General - and I have no idea where General is.  Can someone help?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you have the return marked for e-filing?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
jo1
Level 4

Yes, and it's only with new clients I'm setting up this year.  The transferred ones are fine.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

There is no 8879-S this year.

Ex-AllStar
jo1
Level 4

8879-CORP - same question

0 Cheers
jo1
Level 4

Well, I lied - I just transferred a 1065 and it won't print the electronic form to sign.  On phone with technical support.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Let's backtrack for a second.  Is the form not printing with the return, or does it not show up in the forms menu after you have selected electronic filing?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
jo1
Level 4

So here's the answer.  

I had extended the corp client (clicked the X) but I had not processed the extension through E-File.  I had to take the X out of the extension box and then the 8879-CORP dropped into the blue area on the left and I can now print it.

That's a new one.

MICHAELMARS
Level 5

I had a similar situation and lovely support said, "let me check if we support that form".  Thats when I hung up.  It too was a new return.  I recreated the return and all worked fine.