Barby's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barby's Posts

I saw directions early from Lacerte and they didn't make sense for my case. The Partnership K-1 was a final one and distribution was made.  Line 20 shows code AD -Deemed Section 1250 unrecaptured gai... See more...
I saw directions early from Lacerte and they didn't make sense for my case. The Partnership K-1 was a final one and distribution was made.  Line 20 shows code AD -Deemed Section 1250 unrecaptured gain..  One instruction said to enter in Section 3 but there is already a figure there. Thank you.
I am getting the same error message - it says something about a foreign address, right?
I entered 8 W-2G gambling winnings.  then I clicked the box that said Transfer information from the federal information worksheet.  On only TWO of the 8 boxes I got an error message that said "both f... See more...
I entered 8 W-2G gambling winnings.  then I clicked the box that said Transfer information from the federal information worksheet.  On only TWO of the 8 boxes I got an error message that said "both foreign and domestic elements are present".  Help!  
Thank you.  Home state is KY.  AZ shows no state taxes but plenty of income for state to have deducted. I looked and found the AZ income tax rate is 2.5% so I am pretty sure he has to pay.  The 3 W-2... See more...
Thank you.  Home state is KY.  AZ shows no state taxes but plenty of income for state to have deducted. I looked and found the AZ income tax rate is 2.5% so I am pretty sure he has to pay.  The 3 W-2's from other states (not KY) do not add up to the state taxes paid on the KY W2 under state taxes.  Even the one W-2 from KY shows ALL the income in KY, even though the other 3 show income in their states that add to the one total.  Not sure if I am missing something.  Thanks for any help, Barby
My client is a traveling nurse based in one state where he receives a W-2 with all income for the year under federal and AND state.  Then he got 3 other w-2's with only the state amounts filled in.  ... See more...
My client is a traveling nurse based in one state where he receives a W-2 with all income for the year under federal and AND state.  Then he got 3 other w-2's with only the state amounts filled in.  The state amounts of income add to the total income, but the state taxes do not.  All of the states DO have state income tax.. One W-2 has not state tax on it.  Should I have him contact payroll to see why, or is there another way to figure this out? Thank you
Thank you.
For a trust tax return, may I pick a fiscal year ending one year after the death of an individual?
How do I tell how much of the Distribution is taxable with a code T?
Enter the charity (ies) under Itemized deductions as you would do if using the long form.  The program will pick up how much you want to use.
So what if only one party had it, got married in October and is now trying to file jointly? What do I do?
Can I Depreciate a rental again after it has been completely depreciated, a spouse dies and property transfers to other spouse at a new basis?  
My client has an adult disabled daughter.  He owns an annuity of which he is the beneficiary.  Tax wise is it better for him to change the beneficiary to her or transfer it to his trust which will ca... See more...
My client has an adult disabled daughter.  He owns an annuity of which he is the beneficiary.  Tax wise is it better for him to change the beneficiary to her or transfer it to his trust which will care for her?  
Where Do I enter the social security and medicare tax I deducted from the Nanny to pay?
No - I wasn't looking for Turbo Tax.  I have Pro Series.  Thanks anyway
Thank you - best answer and very clear
The account has about $17000.  Do I get taxed on earnings only.  Am I taxed on the Distribution?