DAS13's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAS13's Posts

Why doesn't Lacerte provide/calculate a Maryland Form 500UP in the Partnership module, when they do the same form in the S Corp. module? 
I don't have any unrecognized users in the software, but I did have an unrecognized user that appeared in the list of users when I logged into My Account, and Manage Users list. The user e-mail addre... See more...
I don't have any unrecognized users in the software, but I did have an unrecognized user that appeared in the list of users when I logged into My Account, and Manage Users list. The user e-mail address was a whole string of numbers and letters, and ended in "@intuit.com" You're right - something strange is going on.  
Why isn't Lacerte supporting e-filing of 2022 Form 504?
I believe it's on the Schedule D screen. Scroll down near the Sale of Home section, and above that there are two sections - one to enter prior year info (from year of sale) and below that you can ent... See more...
I believe it's on the Schedule D screen. Scroll down near the Sale of Home section, and above that there are two sections - one to enter prior year info (from year of sale) and below that you can enter principal payments by year if you want. Hopefully that's what you are looking for.
e-file: Country #1: Schedule K-2, Parts II and III require an entry in "Foreign Country".... Country Will not prevent efile
Please, please make a simple program enhancement. In the Individual tax return module, on screen 7 where you post data needed to calculate the next year's quarterly estimated taxes, there is a check ... See more...
Please, please make a simple program enhancement. In the Individual tax return module, on screen 7 where you post data needed to calculate the next year's quarterly estimated taxes, there is a check box so that we can "Force the Federal estimated tax worksheet". (so that we can see how Lacerte calculated the amount of the following year's estimated tax payment requirements) Please add a similar check box for states, so that we can force Lacerte to print the State estimated tax worksheet as well. I am writing specifically about the state of MD but there may be other states with the same issue.
Is this question regarding an individual tax return? The estimated tax payments DO proforma, but you have to indicate whether or not they were paid. If all were paid and paid timely, then all you hav... See more...
Is this question regarding an individual tax return? The estimated tax payments DO proforma, but you have to indicate whether or not they were paid. If all were paid and paid timely, then all you have to do is put a "1" in the box at the top of Screen 6, where it says to treat all voucher amounts as paid. If the tax payments were made for different amounts or on later dates than what the client was told to do on the vouchers, then you have to enter dates and amounts paid in the section below, underneath where the proforma'd amounts are listed. Hopefully that answers it.(?)
l believe you would use screen 40, For Schedule M-2, if I understand your question properly.
Right near the top of Screen 3, under the Corona virus check box.
Yes, I have the same problem with one trust, and my partner in the firm has a similar case. You are not alone. This seems to be an issue only with the IRS service center that processes trust tax retu... See more...
Yes, I have the same problem with one trust, and my partner in the firm has a similar case. You are not alone. This seems to be an issue only with the IRS service center that processes trust tax returns. And to add insult to injury in my case, the client just received a notice from the IRS, saying that they hadn't paid the amount due with the trust return when filed! I advised my client to simply wait - Hopefully the IRS employees will find these tax payment checks when they get back to work in their offices.
Do you have a Form 1099-MISC with withholding? Look on screen 14.1 for 1099 input. Where you put the tax withheld near the bottom of screen, there is a box above the withholding tax line, that you h... See more...
Do you have a Form 1099-MISC with withholding? Look on screen 14.1 for 1099 input. Where you put the tax withheld near the bottom of screen, there is a box above the withholding tax line, that you have to click on, to enter more information from the 1099, for purposes of e-filing. Just guessing here.
Does the right-click and jump to input function work, when you right-click on the PA tax return, on the line where it shows the withholding? If not, and you have a PA K-1, then check the K-1 input sc... See more...
Does the right-click and jump to input function work, when you right-click on the PA tax return, on the line where it shows the withholding? If not, and you have a PA K-1, then check the K-1 input screen. Under line 15 there are two boxes for state tax paid before and after 12/31/19. Anything there?  
It depends on who provides more than 50% of support.
Try this: Go to the screen for 2020 Estimates - screen 7.1 for individual income tax returns. The second line down says "Estimate options". You should be able to use either code 9 or 10 to suppress e... See more...
Try this: Go to the screen for 2020 Estimates - screen 7.1 for individual income tax returns. The second line down says "Estimate options". You should be able to use either code 9 or 10 to suppress estimates there.  
Yes - For 2019 Form 1041, use Screen 12, and go to the section for 2020 Estimated Tax. You can either use one of the codes to apply to certain number of quarters, or you can apply a specific dollar a... See more...
Yes - For 2019 Form 1041, use Screen 12, and go to the section for 2020 Estimated Tax. You can either use one of the codes to apply to certain number of quarters, or you can apply a specific dollar amount by entering the dollar amount. Either way, it goes on the top line in that section, which says "Apply overpayment to 2020". 
That means someone else has already filed using the same social security number - not you. You might want to ask the client if they have had any issues with ID theft, and look into filing Form 14039 ... See more...
That means someone else has already filed using the same social security number - not you. You might want to ask the client if they have had any issues with ID theft, and look into filing Form 14039 in case that is the situation. It could simply be that someone submitted a tax return done manually and either wrote the wrong ID  number on their return, or the IRS employee  made a key-punch error when entering the tax return. But to be sure, you should pursue the possibility of ID theft too, to get ahead of it if needed. Often that type of error is also caused when a dependent files his own tax return and claims himself/herself, and then the parents file and try to claim the dependent on their tax return too.  (not as important now with loss of exemptions, but other items such as education credits or HOH filing status might be affected.)
If the prior year figures appear in screen 48, then you must have to adjust it through your options - master options if you choose. Go to the tab under options that says "items to print" and check th... See more...
If the prior year figures appear in screen 48, then you must have to adjust it through your options - master options if you choose. Go to the tab under options that says "items to print" and check the box for "tax summary" And, for your 1095-B question, I'm not sure that you have to enter that data at all for the federal return, since there is no longer a penalty. For our state, there is a check box on screen 3, where you report some of the health insurance coverage data. (and screen 2 for dependents) But it only asks if the taxpayer didn't have health care coverage - no place to enter number of months covered. Maybe other states are different. Check screen 3 as well as the state misc. screen. Other than that, I don't know - sorry.