Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 2 year comparison

Taxpronj
Level 2

Does anyone know how to get the 2 year comparison to print in a 1040?  We are new to Lacerte for 2019 but we converted 2018 and rolled to 2019 so the information is there.  I have it set to print in the Master options?

What else?

Question 2:  Where can you enter 1095-B information for someone who had insurance coverage for part year.  This is needed for NJ?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
DAS13
Level 3

If the prior year figures appear in screen 48, then you must have to adjust it through your options - master options if you choose. Go to the tab under options that says "items to print" and check the box for "tax summary"

And, for your 1095-B question, I'm not sure that you have to enter that data at all for the federal return, since there is no longer a penalty. For our state, there is a check box on screen 3, where you report some of the health insurance coverage data. (and screen 2 for dependents) But it only asks if the taxpayer didn't have health care coverage - no place to enter number of months covered. Maybe other states are different. Check screen 3 as well as the state misc. screen. Other than that, I don't know - sorry.

George4Tacks
Level 15

1 - For a converted client to generate, in 2018 you would have needed to have deleted the check mark in Screen 3, right above Organizer Miscellaneous Converted client (proforma use only). If you have not done other returns, go back to 2018 and do a quick review of the computation, especially depreciation and state, then remove that check mark. Do the proforma again, confirming the overwriting.

2 - A Lacerte trick is to find the line number or box you need on the NJ (or any) return, RIGHT CLICK and select "Jump to Input"  I don't do NJ, but I suspect it is some where in Screens 50 - 57.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns