maxie's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maxie's Posts

It's already been paid in a different manner. This draft will be paying it twice. I keep giving up after an hour and a half on hold with the state. Client may just pay it twice and wait for a refund ... See more...
It's already been paid in a different manner. This draft will be paying it twice. I keep giving up after an hour and a half on hold with the state. Client may just pay it twice and wait for a refund at this point. 
Is there a way to stop a state balance due draft after the return has been efiled and accepted? 
I both agree and disagree with you. Most things like this carry forward in Proseries. I expected there would be something and I'm disappointed there isn't. For the top level price I pay I expect it. ... See more...
I both agree and disagree with you. Most things like this carry forward in Proseries. I expected there would be something and I'm disappointed there isn't. For the top level price I pay I expect it.  I do make notes in the file but considering what a c*** storm the world has been the last two years it wouldn't surprise me to find one or two that don't have the proper notes - because that's life. Without Proseries help it's going to require a longer look at prior returns - which I already anticipated and told clients before the season things were going to be slower.   I have one such return on my desk right now. Notes were in the file where I plotted out the tax liability thru 2022. Now he lost dependents and it's worthless. If I just looked at the front of the 1040 the gross distribution and taxable amount aren't enough to clue me in. So yes, this takes more work and it sure would be nice if the software had a means to help out. Just my two cents.   
This is unacceptable. We pay this much money for software that doesn't work. I could be more productive with another software. 
Exactly! Just let us print what we need for the client. Keep the watermark. If we aren't smart enough to not mail something that has "do not mail" all over it then we aren't smart enough to be prepar... See more...
Exactly! Just let us print what we need for the client. Keep the watermark. If we aren't smart enough to not mail something that has "do not mail" all over it then we aren't smart enough to be preparing taxes. LET US WORK! I feel the need to have some of my money refunded. They are costing me money and time I don't have.  I appreciate all of their hard work during the constantly changing times but this barcode issue with AL and paper forms aren't new. Fine if we cant do a paper return - JUST LET US PRINT A CLIENT COPY  
Thank you for contacting support for all of us left out in the cold in Alabama. 
If I need to prepare a single member PPT, I add the company in Proseries as a 1065 return and fill out the form manually.  It would actually be easier if you could do the PPT form directly on the MAT... See more...
If I need to prepare a single member PPT, I add the company in Proseries as a 1065 return and fill out the form manually.  It would actually be easier if you could do the PPT form directly on the MAT (My Alabama Taxes) site. 
That is correct and it was a nightmare. I had hundreds of clients just waiting...  Proseries and AL forms are always LAST. Every other program/competitor can do AL returns before I can. It really ma... See more...
That is correct and it was a nightmare. I had hundreds of clients just waiting...  Proseries and AL forms are always LAST. Every other program/competitor can do AL returns before I can. It really makes me wonder WHY I'm still with Proseries. The honest answer is I don't have the time or mental energy to swap. But I may just need to find it. 
If you have a password set on one specific client file how do you change the password? Or remove ithe password altogether? I should know the answer but for some reason I'm drawing a blank right now. 
Have you tried listing the last name and then a comma For example  Smith, That should give you a list of people with the last name Smith and eliminate any people with the first name Smith. 
I have one computer this happened to and it will not fix itself. Have not figured out why yet.
I have not seen any mention of updates for it yet. I also have several clients. 
No, I'm just trying to enter 6 transactions. One should be code A - yes on 1099, yes reported. The program won't let me use A and if I leave that blank it auto checks NO for on a 1099 and reported to... See more...
No, I'm just trying to enter 6 transactions. One should be code A - yes on 1099, yes reported. The program won't let me use A and if I leave that blank it auto checks NO for on a 1099 and reported to IRS. Transaction 2 is LT and should be D. Same thing if I leave it blank and try to fill it all in myself. The other 4 transactions are on a 1099 but not reported. I've already done 20+ returns with a schedule D. This is the first trouble I have had like this.  
I assume you mean the entire program. I'm having difficulty with individual files. I worked on a return, saved it and now it won't open. Just the blue circle. I can open other returns I have not prev... See more...
I assume you mean the entire program. I'm having difficulty with individual files. I worked on a return, saved it and now it won't open. Just the blue circle. I can open other returns I have not previously worked on. Or at least I can so far. I also refreshed, sanitized the files, rebooted, etc. 
Is anyone else having a problem with Schedule D? If I try to put in code A or D it gives an error. It tries to force code C or F or it auto checks "not on a 1099" and "not reported to the IRS" Did t... See more...
Is anyone else having a problem with Schedule D? If I try to put in code A or D it gives an error. It tries to force code C or F or it auto checks "not on a 1099" and "not reported to the IRS" Did this happen in the last update? I've never had this happen before.
@IRonMaN wrote: Actually, it didn't mess up any states.  The update was purely a federal adjustment.  You are left to sink or swim on your own when it comes to the state return.  I'm thinking a l... See more...
@IRonMaN wrote: Actually, it didn't mess up any states.  The update was purely a federal adjustment.  You are left to sink or swim on your own when it comes to the state return.  I'm thinking a lot of folks are going to sink because they don't look at the state once the federal is done. You mean we are supposed to look at the state return too?  😉
It is available in an update today 3/19/21.  Beware if you file an Alabama return it's subtracting unemployment twice!
I voided my request with the bad email from the esignature dashboard.  Then I changed the email in the tax file. Hit F9 & F10 just because that seems to be the thing to do with Proseries. Then I ch... See more...
I voided my request with the bad email from the esignature dashboard.  Then I changed the email in the tax file. Hit F9 & F10 just because that seems to be the thing to do with Proseries. Then I chose "save as" and renamed the file.  I went to the efile center. There were two files showing for the client. I went into the first file and unchecked the efile federal and state buttons. That left the newly re-named file in the efile center. I was able to request signature and it had the updated correct email on it.  Those are the exact steps I took and it worked. Hopefully this helps someone else!
@utah-arizona-taxlady wrote: Maxie...see what I did in my reply to Lisa.  It worked now lets see it the IRS thinks it works. I'm assuming you enter in one line for the total short term. What ... See more...
@utah-arizona-taxlady wrote: Maxie...see what I did in my reply to Lisa.  It worked now lets see it the IRS thinks it works. I'm assuming you enter in one line for the total short term. What do you put for the sale date if you have multiple dates? The program won't allow you to use "various" for the sale date. Do you use the earliest one or do you have to enter them by sale date?   Why am I so confused? I did this multiple times last year with the 2019 program.
I have an almost identical situation. I have 68 transactions, two have wash sales and I'm not going to enter them individually. I can accomplish what I want to do in Proseries 2019 but Proseries 2020... See more...
I have an almost identical situation. I have 68 transactions, two have wash sales and I'm not going to enter them individually. I can accomplish what I want to do in Proseries 2019 but Proseries 2020 has me completely confused and wasting valuable time.