david3's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

david3's Posts

Thank you for clarifying the impact on SE tax. Regarding the 1065 M-1 question - I have followed the instructions for entering the ERC information for amending a 1065. However, unlike amending a 11... See more...
Thank you for clarifying the impact on SE tax. Regarding the 1065 M-1 question - I have followed the instructions for entering the ERC information for amending a 1065. However, unlike amending a 1120S, the ERC credit amount didn't automatically appear as an adjustment on the M-1. I had to manually enter the adjustment. Is there a reason PS isn't treating the ERC adjustment the same? Or am I missing a step somewhere? Thank you.
The instructions for entering the ERC for a 1065 is similar to entering in a 1120S - enter the ERC credit on line 8 Salaries and Wages (less employment credits) Smart Worksheet. The 1120S automatica... See more...
The instructions for entering the ERC for a 1065 is similar to entering in a 1120S - enter the ERC credit on line 8 Salaries and Wages (less employment credits) Smart Worksheet. The 1120S automatically entered the credit as a M-1 adjustment so that book income didn't change.  However, that didn't happen when entering on a 1065. I manually made the adjustment on the M-1 as a nondeductible expense. Is this how PS handles the ERC for 1065 or did I do something wrong? Not sure why the 1065 wouldn't work the same as the 1120S and automatically adjust M-1. PS automatically increases SE earnings on the K-1 line 14A. Should the ERC credit also increase SE earnings and SE tax on the 1040? I can't find anything in my research that addresses the ERC impact to SE tax. Thank you. 
TP's son, not a student and who is over 18 with $35K income, is included on family's 1095-A.The 1095-A includes the advance PTC. When I enter the son's information in the Shared Policy Allocation Sm... See more...
TP's son, not a student and who is over 18 with $35K income, is included on family's 1095-A.The 1095-A includes the advance PTC. When I enter the son's information in the Shared Policy Allocation Smart Worksheet at the bottom of the 1095-A worksheet, I get an error message that says I can't link the premiums to a business.  The TPs have K-1s from the jointly owned LLC. I can't find instructions on how to handle this so that the TPs are allowed to deduct the premiums for their business. How do I get the premiums to be reported on Sch 1, Ln17 Self-employed health insurance deduction? Thank you. 
Yes, he is the only shareholder.
Thank you. That's helpful. I don't know why my searches don't seem to find what I am looking for. They come up with a lot of unrelated topics. I'll discuss with him that he needs to file an extensio... See more...
Thank you. That's helpful. I don't know why my searches don't seem to find what I am looking for. They come up with a lot of unrelated topics. I'll discuss with him that he needs to file an extension, convert S Corp distributions into salary and file a late W-2 and payroll reports. A payroll company should be able to process this for him. Appreciate the help, everyone.
I searched for this issue and found nothing. How do I find Bob's post?
Ok. I discussed the officer salary issue with the TP last year and told him he needed to take a salary. He didn't do it again so I wanted to find a way for him to pay SE tax. Oh well, I guess he luc... See more...
Ok. I discussed the officer salary issue with the TP last year and told him he needed to take a salary. He didn't do it again so I wanted to find a way for him to pay SE tax. Oh well, I guess he lucks out again... Thanks.
I am trying to figure a way to subject an S Corp officer's K-1 profit to SE tax on his 1040.  I thought there would be a line I could enter the profit on the SE form but there isn't. I originally t... See more...
I am trying to figure a way to subject an S Corp officer's K-1 profit to SE tax on his 1040.  I thought there would be a line I could enter the profit on the SE form but there isn't. I originally thought to enter the profit on Sch C, but then the profit would be double reported on the 1040. Does anyone know a way to get the SE tax applied to the K-1 profit on a 1040? Thank you. 
Thanks for your help with this.
The 2022 FAM view is very small and the magnify option is grayed out. The magnify setting is set to 140% but the numbers and information are very small. I have followed the instructions for changing... See more...
The 2022 FAM view is very small and the magnify option is grayed out. The magnify setting is set to 140% but the numbers and information are very small. I have followed the instructions for changing the magnify setting but that doesn't work. What do I need to do so the magnify options are available and not grayed out? Thank you.
Didn't think of that. That makes sense. Thanks so much for your help.  
Has there been a resolution of this? I just tried to send an FBAR 114 through e-signature and it still says it's ineligible. I thought someone said they are able to be sent through e-signature now. ... See more...
Has there been a resolution of this? I just tried to send an FBAR 114 through e-signature and it still says it's ineligible. I thought someone said they are able to be sent through e-signature now. This is a separate FBAR 114 since the spouse owns the foreign account. Thank you.
Since the 2021 asset entry disposal date was not allowed to be reported in the 2022 tax return, I gathered that I need to manually complete F 4797. I've done that and the trust has a capital gain fr... See more...
Since the 2021 asset entry disposal date was not allowed to be reported in the 2022 tax return, I gathered that I need to manually complete F 4797. I've done that and the trust has a capital gain from the sale of the rental property.  I know that a loss in the trust final year can be allocated to the beneficiaries. However, I'm reading conflicting information on whether a capital gain reported on the trust final year can be allocated to the beneficiaries. Can the capital gain from the trust final year be allocated to the beneficiaries? Thank you.      
I am now preparing the 2022 1041. The trustee kept the trust open until 12/31/22. Like your post said, the Sch E and suspended loss carryforward were both transferred from the 2021 tax return to the... See more...
I am now preparing the 2022 1041. The trustee kept the trust open until 12/31/22. Like your post said, the Sch E and suspended loss carryforward were both transferred from the 2021 tax return to the 2022 tax return. However, the asset entry and depreciation schedule were not carried forward since I entered 8/20/21 as the disposal date (date the property was no longer rented) with no sale price. When setting up the asset entry in the 2022 1041, I get an error message when I enter the 8/20/21 disposal date.  How do I set up the asset entry so that it shows depreciation stopped on 8/20/21 and so it can be used to report the gain from sale of the property? I can't put 1/1/22 as the disposal date because that will report depreciation for one day. If I'm not supposed to set up the asset entry but manually enter the sale, then how do I do that and make sure the suspended loss gets accounted for? Do I leave Sch E as is since it shows the suspended loss? Or do I delete Sch E, since there was no rental, and manually enter the suspended loss somewhere? Thank you.
Jess, that was so long ago I had to go back and figure out what happened. PS was correctly allocating the distributions. It had something to do with depreciation and the end result was that the bene... See more...
Jess, that was so long ago I had to go back and figure out what happened. PS was correctly allocating the distributions. It had something to do with depreciation and the end result was that the beneficiaries actually received deductions on their K-1s instead of income. I'm not sure if you have the same situation with rental property and depreciation or if it doesn't involve depreciation. Let me know if it is related to depreciation. If so, then the Tax Adviser has an article discussing the impact of trust depreciation and distributions.  If you can't find that article then I can send you an excerpt from the article with an example.
Colorado nonresident is 100% SH of a Colorado S Corp. He works in CO and files a CO state tax since his W-2 and K-1 are from CO source income. He is making the SALT election and filing the nonreside... See more...
Colorado nonresident is 100% SH of a Colorado S Corp. He works in CO and files a CO state tax since his W-2 and K-1 are from CO source income. He is making the SALT election and filing the nonresident agreement to file a CO tax return. However, the CO K-1 is not transferring over from his K-1 to his CO tax return. When I click on add forms, the CO K-1 doesn't appear. How do I get the CO K-1 to import into the 1040?  Thank you,  
Thanks, Dave for mentioning this. The DR 0106EP forms (estimated tax payment forms) still needs to be added as well as the letter updated to include the estimated tax payment narrative.
I am preparing an 1120-S and the entity is making the Colorado SALT Parity election. The entity is required to make 2023 state estimated tax payments. However, the estimated tax forms (DR 0106EP) ar... See more...
I am preparing an 1120-S and the entity is making the Colorado SALT Parity election. The entity is required to make 2023 state estimated tax payments. However, the estimated tax forms (DR 0106EP) are not included in PS. The forms aren't even listed in the tax form availability. How do we provide the 2023 estimated tax forms for our clients? Thank you.
I am preparing an 1120S. The transmitter did not prepare the tax return box is automatically checked in Part III of Colorado Form DR 8454. I can't find where to automatically check the box that the E... See more...
I am preparing an 1120S. The transmitter did not prepare the tax return box is automatically checked in Part III of Colorado Form DR 8454. I can't find where to automatically check the box that the ERO is also the preparer. How do I correct this without overriding? Thank you.