Surfgolf's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surfgolf's Posts

I don't know how many use a captive insurance strategy for their high income earners. I don't see a method to calculate the deduction.
I am wondering if we could include an ability to calculate the tax savings with a conservation easement.  This is a pretty good strategy, but I don't see a method to calculate it.  
I am trying to compute a backdoor Roth strategy with decreased value stock held in an IRA. I'm not finding the ability to show the increase in tax due to the conversion, with the potential savings.
Great answer. I have followed your advise and I have the information. Thank you Rick.  Now, my (hopefully) last question is where do I enter it in the program? 
A bit confused.  Employee had shares vested.  Zero Basis.  Morgan Stanley shows the taxable compensation, deduction for release costs, as well as taxes paid (including SE tax).  I don't see anything o... See more...
A bit confused.  Employee had shares vested.  Zero Basis.  Morgan Stanley shows the taxable compensation, deduction for release costs, as well as taxes paid (including SE tax).  I don't see anything on the W2 that would indicate this. Where would you enter that information?
In other words, does the tax and interest paid thru escrow on a new home purchase get put into the mortgage company's 1098 or is it a separate item?
Thank you.  I was concerned because the first w2 federal and state incomes were the same, leaving nothing for the 2nd state.  Confusing to a novice like me