kdaglobal's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kdaglobal's Posts

If I understood correctly, to make the cap gains adjustment for the sale of a qualifying ISO lot: Would you go to the 6251 Wks to the Disposition of Property section and enter the adjusted net gai... See more...
If I understood correctly, to make the cap gains adjustment for the sale of a qualifying ISO lot: Would you go to the 6251 Wks to the Disposition of Property section and enter the adjusted net gain/loss there on the AMT line?  TIA!
Hcliston - did you ever happen to figure this out? I have this exact situation happening for 2023 and we are trying to tax plan.  I am struggling to enter everything properly into PS. TY
Agreed - correcting this basic item is completely a non-existent priority for them considering the age of this thread + the number of responses. I tried PS e-Signature but didn't like the function... See more...
Agreed - correcting this basic item is completely a non-existent priority for them considering the age of this thread + the number of responses. I tried PS e-Signature but didn't like the functionality, the way it confused clients and the "use it or lose it" buy feature since envelopes expire at the end of every year. I used DocuSign integrated with SmartVault for a few years but found it expensive (even without having to pay monthly licensing fees since apparently that is a benefit of SV) and regularly had clients of all ages struggle with the challenge questions, particularly the college kids who didn't have a credit history.  Then they would have to wet sign anyway and reload to the portal - which was painful and would delay the process. This season I switched to Encyro and though it is not integrated directly with PS or SV, it has made a WORLD of difference. MUCH less expensive--particularly on the KBAs--no "use it or lose it", verification by text, and clients are not struggling with it. I digitally sign it as well.  It's a small learning curve, but very very worth it for the cost savings and removing friction in the signature process with clients.
I am able to work so that is good. I am just so nervous that I am going to do a bunch of work and then those files will get corrupted in some way.
HI Lisa - thanks so much.  Yep, tried the repair tool and all of the options in the tool hub. Nothing helped. I'm wondering if I just have to do a reinstall of the program. Now the "Unable to dele... See more...
HI Lisa - thanks so much.  Yep, tried the repair tool and all of the options in the tool hub. Nothing helped. I'm wondering if I just have to do a reinstall of the program. Now the "Unable to delete automatically generated client recovery file" is popping up when I work on clients.
Already rebooted and still have the second error message on all of the other client files.
Was working on a client when I had to do a hard restart b/c another program froze up my computer. Now, when I try to open this same client file, I get the following message "Unable to read the ... See more...
Was working on a client when I had to do a hard restart b/c another program froze up my computer. Now, when I try to open this same client file, I get the following message "Unable to read the data. Exit program and try again. Error code: [120]. I have run PS Tools - Repair Updates, downloaded PS Tool Hub, tried to restore the file and nothing is working. Also have developed another problem.  When I open any other client file, when I close it, I get the following error: "Unable to delete automatically generated client recovery file."   Called help but after the CSR went through all of the steps I already did plus a couple more, I am still stuck. Can a system engineer help me?
Thanks for posting this solution! Since it has been a year, did this work or did you end up with an IRS notice? I am in the situation for TY2022.
Darn! OK - I have another potential solution for you shared by another community member that worked for me to get my keyboard working:    
Lisa - a million thanks! You are brilliant! This solution worked - I will share it in the FB group now.
Fair points, Bob -thank you. I edited my message to show just SERIOUS.  Just uber frustrated to have paid thousands for a program that can't handle a basic typing function. I have not seen ProSeri... See more...
Fair points, Bob -thank you. I edited my message to show just SERIOUS.  Just uber frustrated to have paid thousands for a program that can't handle a basic typing function. I have not seen ProSeries this incapable at this point in the season and I have been using it since 2009.
If you are trying to use the number pad on your keyboard, you might be running into the same problem I am having (see my programming post). Try using the numbers on the top of your keyboard. I tried ... See more...
If you are trying to use the number pad on your keyboard, you might be running into the same problem I am having (see my programming post). Try using the numbers on the top of your keyboard. I tried to duplicate your problem and that's what worked for me. They need to fix this issue yesterday.
PS22 Professional - big issues for me (which is a fundamental programming item) and wondering if anyone else is experiencing them?!?!? Cannot use keyboard number pad to enter data - must use number... See more...
PS22 Professional - big issues for me (which is a fundamental programming item) and wondering if anyone else is experiencing them?!?!? Cannot use keyboard number pad to enter data - must use numbers at the top of the keyboard! (And YES, number lock is in the correct position). I tried in PS 21 and it the number pad worked just fine - but NOT in PS 22. Also, cannot copy and paste numbers in PS22.  For example, 1099-R Box 1 & 2 are the same - cannot copy & paste Box 1 number into Box 2. If these programming issues aren't fixed ASAP, it is going to be a slow down of epic proportions in my ability to enter data.
Found it! From Home Base, go to "Tools" , then "QB Billing/Customer Update", then "Create QB Invoices". Super easy and fast.
Agree with kre 100%--every other software allows for printing the preparer's name in lieu of signature on the 8879.  Proseries even does so on certain state e-file forms but not others.  It's very fr... See more...
Agree with kre 100%--every other software allows for printing the preparer's name in lieu of signature on the 8879.  Proseries even does so on certain state e-file forms but not others.  It's very frustrating and a waste of time for practitioners.
I am running Proseries Professional and I have been told by PS reps that it is possible to import my ProSeries invoices directly to the client in QB to eliminate double-entry.  There are even questi... See more...
I am running Proseries Professional and I have been told by PS reps that it is possible to import my ProSeries invoices directly to the client in QB to eliminate double-entry.  There are even questions here (answered by ProSeries reps) that state it is possible but with no explanation as to how! However, no one I speak to at ProSeries actually knows how...and told me to call Quickbooks. Before I go down that rabbit hole, anyone have any ideas?  Thanks so much!
Thanks so much abctax55 - this is the first year in 15 years I have been so ahead of schedule so I have never experienced this situation because I am usually starting this process in January! Patien... See more...
Thanks so much abctax55 - this is the first year in 15 years I have been so ahead of schedule so I have never experienced this situation because I am usually starting this process in January! Patience is indeed a virtue!  
Tried this morning to proforma my 2019 clients into 2020 Proseries.  Out of my test batch of 46, only 7 came through (and 3 of those 7 were 1 MFJ + 2 MFS for the same couple). No rhyme or reason why... See more...
Tried this morning to proforma my 2019 clients into 2020 Proseries.  Out of my test batch of 46, only 7 came through (and 3 of those 7 were 1 MFJ + 2 MFS for the same couple). No rhyme or reason why the ones that pulled through worked while the others didn't. The rest had this error message: An unknown error occurred while attempting to transfer (146). I tried running updates of both the 2019 & 2020 softwares, shutting them down and restarting them but nothing helped. Anyone know what is going on?    
CCH ProSystems does this: as long as the taxpayer has an email address in the email field, once a return is accepted by the tax authorities, CCH automatically sends the client an email alerting them ... See more...
CCH ProSystems does this: as long as the taxpayer has an email address in the email field, once a return is accepted by the tax authorities, CCH automatically sends the client an email alerting them of this. It would save so much time during tax season if ProSeries could do the same.