caroljo's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

caroljo's Posts

She had a loss of about $68000 and there was no California income at all.  So the transfer tax is actually an income tax, correct? 
So, I need to file a California NR return?  She lost about $68000 on the sale.  She has no  California income.  So the $6600  (3.3%) is for income tax withheld.  Is that correct?
Hi itonewbie...My clients...wife full time resident of Arizona.  Husband has  lived in New Mexico for a number  years and then in January of 2023 he was transferred to Wyoming.  Wife works in Arizona... See more...
Hi itonewbie...My clients...wife full time resident of Arizona.  Husband has  lived in New Mexico for a number  years and then in January of 2023 he was transferred to Wyoming.  Wife works in Arizona and he worked in New Mexico for just one month in 2023  and then Wyoming.  So she is a non-resident of the other states and he is a non resident of Arizona.  It is an odd living situation but it seems to work for them.  They both have their own separate homes.
My clients are married, she is a full time resident of Arizona, he a part time resident of New Mexico and a part time resident of Wyoming, which has no state income tax.  I am coming up with them havi... See more...
My clients are married, she is a full time resident of Arizona, he a part time resident of New Mexico and a part time resident of Wyoming, which has no state income tax.  I am coming up with them having to pay a very large amount to Arizona.  What am I doing wrong?
My client's ss# is on the 1099.  She said she wondered why they were asking her for her number but just didn't argue about it.  
My client received a 1099 Misc that should have been given to her mother who has only Social security income.  The Mother has alzheimers and the company was doing some testing on her and her disease. ... See more...
My client received a 1099 Misc that should have been given to her mother who has only Social security income.  The Mother has alzheimers and the company was doing some testing on her and her disease.  They paid her $1400 and sent my client the 1099 Misc. How do I handle this?
How do I enter information on line 11 on the Form 6252
Thank thank you, Just Lisa Now..Sometimes I don't know how I could do taxes without your input. 😊😃
My self employed  client had Marketplace Health Insurance and ended up earning much more than was planned.  They have to pay back over $9,000.  Can I use this as a Health Insurance Deduction?  And if ... See more...
My self employed  client had Marketplace Health Insurance and ended up earning much more than was planned.  They have to pay back over $9,000.  Can I use this as a Health Insurance Deduction?  And if so, how do I do it?  Do I have to manually post it or will the program do it?
They didn't inform the retirement company that they were using the money to purchase a home so there is only a code #1 on the 1099R.  Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.  I should remember next year to hold up a little while longer to e-file some of these returns.  I HATE  doing amendments.  I will try your suggestion to call.   
Yes, I have the 9325 showing it was accepted on January 23.  This is a little scary because I think that was the first day of e-filing.  
I tried doing it on the Information page where it shows to take out the payment for an e-filed 1040 X but a voucher still prints and the Amendment letter still shows to mail a check.  What the heck am... See more...
I tried doing it on the Information page where it shows to take out the payment for an e-filed 1040 X but a voucher still prints and the Amendment letter still shows to mail a check.  What the heck am I doing wrong???
I e-filed a return on January 23, 2023 and it was accepted on that same day.  Now when we go to the "Where is my Refund" on the IRS site it says they don't have any information about it.  We have chec... See more...
I e-filed a return on January 23, 2023 and it was accepted on that same day.  Now when we go to the "Where is my Refund" on the IRS site it says they don't have any information about it.  We have checked and rechecked to make sure there is nothing wrong.  Yikes and help!!!
It shows we should be able to e-file a 1040X on February 16.  When I try it says to update my program.  When I try that it says that there are no updates today.  
My client married a Canadian citizen in 2022.  They want to file MFJ and I am not sure what I need to do to file their tax return.